Instructor, right or wrong? long one

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
We do have winter turnout, but last week would have been too dangerous to turn out as it is clay based round here, and very slippy.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry, hadn't appreciated that.

Why can't you turn out on wet ground?? Does he gallop around a lot??

barkinghorse

Visit site
It's not so much that it is wet, it's flooded, as on clay it sits for days and becomes a bog. Then when it freezes it is too uneven to walk on.
It's very slippery and their legs go from under them even in walk, so for safety reasons we don't turn out.
Having said that we have the best quality turnout in summer and even on the hottest days the ground is supple underfoot and can be ridden hard on without tendon damage.
Jo

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
It's very slippery and their legs go from under them even in walk, so for safety reasons we don't turn out.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ooooo sounds horrid.

Well good luck with all your endeavours. You've certainly got enough determination for all of us.
laugh.gif

miamibear

Visit site
Totally appreciate the clay based land - snap!! Its awful!!

I admire your perseverance - i unfortunately got to the point where it was too much.

I hope you solve his problem, just keep riding him yourself, sounds like he is getting confused when other people ride him, hope you have a productive Christmas and New Year with him.

Good luck - keep us updated

xx