Insurance (also in NL)

trendybraincell

Visit site
I have asked in NL also, but would like the opinion of you good folk too :D

My renewal came through and it seems to have rocketed up this year, but since Shadow is my first horse I'm not really sure if my renewal is exorbitant or not?! I have had him 6 years and been with NFU for the last 5, I had a claim 2 years ago now for ruptured suspensory ligament, so I expected it to go up then :(

I have compared a few quotes which obviously have quite a range (typical insurance companies :rolleyes:) I am also cautious about who I insure with, as you often hear nightmare stories about companies trying to get out of paying on claims etc...its a minefield!!

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
Is it a competition horse?

Friend is with AMtrust and says they are very good especially their competition policy.

Heard good things about Shearwater and KBIS. I am with NFU and they will normally negotiate.

trendybraincell

Visit site
He's rising 9 Welsh Cob, our main activity is dressage (competing at novice/elementary), although hacking, schooling, showing and RC are also involved :) I must say NFU were brilliant when I claimed for the suspensory, and I am concerned if I move I will suffer worse exclusions, he is only insured for £2500 (despite being offered more for him), since I paid £1500 NFU would not insure him for more without supporting evidence from experts, plus I don't know if I could afford another hike in premiums!