Insurance and taking your dog to work?

rubyrumba

Visit site
I am looking for insurance for my puppy. I was going to go with petplan but they ask if you take your dog to work, which I do and then it says they may not be able to cover me and I need to ring. Quite a few ask this, why? She would be in the car and let out for the toilet and to play at regular intervals. Its not really any different to other normal day to day activities?? Anyone can shed any light please?

Twizzel

Visit site
We had the same situation when insuring our puppy with Petplan. OH is a farmer- work is home and home is work so the dog goes where ever we go. Rang Petplan up and they were very helpful, it's to do with the work insurance- if she caused an accident whilst down on the farm the dog insurance would be invalid however we would then go back to the farm insurance and claim damages/3rd party liability off that. It actually turned out cheaper when we called petplan compared to the online quote too...

Spudlet

Visit site
If you become a member of the Dogs Trust then you get third party liability which covers your dog at work (so long as your dog isn't a working dog - it's for having your dog asleep under your desk or similar, not for a day's shooting!). Then you just get normal vets insurance. That's what we all do here.:)