Insurance Beware

laa666

Visit site
I recently had to make a claim on my horse insurance, I thought i had £5000 vets fees. Not the case, I had only £1.200 to find out what was wrong with the horse. This amout in some cases is not enough. So read the small print, make sure your policy does not have this clause, I was told it was to stop vets overchanging !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

loopylucifer

Visit site
yep it quite common mine is £1500 for diagnostics used to be £1200. unless you go for mri or bone scan it should cover most things never come that close to going over it.

Carys

Visit site
I was with BEIB (years ago) but now insured with Shearwater & no limit on diagnostics - I checked as someone told me about this - think NFU have a limit on some things.

dany

Visit site
KBIS definitely dont have a limit, I nearly spent my £3000 vets limit on diagnosing alone. Ill be opting for £5000 next time.

laa666

Visit site
yep it quite common mine is £1500 for diagnostics used to be £1200. unless you go for mri or bone scan it should cover most things never come that close to going over it.

My Jack bitch had to go for tests, £1.200 later I found out what was wrong with her, this was a little dog. I didnt realise that there were limits for diagnostics, they didnt mention this when policy was sold to us. The horse in question had to be put down, we had loss of use and vets said she would never be able to jump again. They wanted to cut her up and find out what was wrong with her, at my expense !!!! I decided to take less of a pay out and just put her to sleep at home then get taken away. I found the whole thing extremely upsetting, I will say they paid out very quickly. Sorry very dyslexic so hope you excuse spelling. She had wobbelers.

Last edited: