Insurance cover for second opinions

Tam82

Visit site
Hi, my horse went lame a couple of weeks ago, had lameness test, nerve block and xrays, u could see a bone spur and the vet also said he has arthritic changes and needs surgery,, i had another vet take a look at his xrays and he said that he would xray the other leg, he didnt mention arthritic changes and said the spur might not even be causing the lameness, so he said he would do more tests, would insurance cover more tests with a different vet?

Melody Grey

Visit site
I'd ask your insurer- they have vets working for them to advise on eventualities like loss of use claims, so presumably they could also advise here? Do you have both vets opinions and diagnoses in writing?

Tam82

Visit site
No, i only have one in writing, the other was just over a phone call, and if i went along with them looking futher into the lameness it would be in writing x

teddypops

Visit site
Yes, as long as you are covered for what you are claiming for and you are within the claim limit and time, it doesn’t matter what vet you use. Wouldn’t cover the same thing twice though, so 2nd vet would need to see all notes etc from 1st vet.

Tam82

Visit site
Thank you, i did ring them, i didnt think they were going to be open today... they confirmed what u said c