Insurance Emporium

Nicnac

Visit site
Same. SEIB priced themselves out of the market so switched to IE. My vet is independent so doesn't deal with insurance companies directly just fills in the paperwork and I liaise with the insurers myself.

Local large equine vet practice has an employee who deals solely with insurance claims so no wonder they are an expensive practice! I don't really understand why people expect their vets to deal with the insurance companies, but maybe that's just me.

Michen

Visit site
Same. SEIB priced themselves out of the market so switched to IE. My vet is independent so doesn't deal with insurance companies directly just fills in the paperwork and I liaise with the insurers myself.

Local large equine vet practice has an employee who deals solely with insurance claims so no wonder they are an expensive practice! I don't really understand why people expect their vets to deal with the insurance companies, but maybe that's just me.

I agree. I always pay my vet and claim the money later. Don’t see why vets should wait for it when the contract is between you and them not the insurers.

From conversations with my vet I think many feel they have to as owners just won’t pay/expect to not have to pay direct so it’s easier for them to just accept it and liase either the insurers even though they are essentially acting as credit for the owner.

Squeak

Visit site
I’ve had brilliant service from Animal Friends. They paid out my most recent claim within 3 days and have never quibbled over any of the claims even when I submitted one of them too late they still paid it and just warned me to be careful about it in future.

Jayzee

Visit site
I've been very impressed by them, other quotes were ridiculous.

They paid out on a claim with no quibbles but as said before they won't pre authorise things, which can be nerve racking.

The 17% of vet bills which have been added to new policies would make me a little nervous potentially

EchoInterrupted

Visit site
Am I doing something wrong? Don't currently have a horse, but just went to get an estimate for the type of horse I would like to eventually get, figuring it would be good to know, and with Insurance Emporium I'm coming up with a quote of over £80pcm for just what I would consider to be the basics.

What I did:
- google for insurance emporium horse insurance, select owned horse
- Selected a postcode near me (South East), made up a fake 9 year old horse worth 8k
- Selected Class 1 of use (all the regular lower impact things, so technically wouldn't cover cross-country)
- Selected only vet fees, disposal costs, and personal injury and that amounted to over £80pcm. But at the very top, auto-selected without you being able to unselect it, it lists "Death, Theft, and Straying". Loss of use is listed separately and I have not selected it.

When people were raving about insurance costs I assumed it would be lower, but is my mental ballpark for "good" prices just very off? I figured when people said they had great rates they meant £50 - 60ish...

[edited for typo]

SOS

Visit site
I had an awful experience with a trailer getting stolen whilst insured under E&L. I had to get legal advice and threaten and then they paid out overnight without issue after months of battling.