Insurance for 3.5 tonne lorry

MissJessica

Visit site
Who do you all use?
I am looking to insure my first 3.5t horsebox, also who do you do your breakdown cover with?

Thank you

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
SEIB, tho previously with KBIS.
Only changed to SEIB last year as their policy was exactly the same as KBIS, but significantly cheaper.
Breakdown also through SEIB.

1 above on this thread that I would not ever use for recovery tho.

OWLIE185

Visit site
The best breakdown service is 'The Organisation of Horsebox and Trailer Owners' as they will also provide alternative transport for your horse if that is necessary. Unfortunately the other ones tend to sub-contract to normal commercial breakdown companies who do not have experience with horses or the facility to provide alternative transport for the horse.

CIJ

Visit site
NFU. It offered the best price and there's an office in my town so it's easy to go in and enquiry if needs be. They have always been very helpful. They offered breakdown cover to be included in the price or I could get a cheaper price but then they give you a card with a phone number on it to keep in the lorry if you breakdown (can't remember who they are but is recommended by NFU) I would then get charged at a higher rate if I needed them. I've gone with the 2nd option.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
NFU. They have assured me that they will send a separate vehicle to recover the horse.

When I was with another company they wanted to do a front end lift with my horse in the vehicle which I why I confirmed a separate vehicle would be provided with NFU.

Needless to say I refused, and despite it being a Sunday suddenly they were able to fix my vehicle :).

AandK

Visit site
Insurance through Anthony Evans, as they were the cheapest by a mile for me (had a minor prang last year!). Rescue service with The Organisation of Horsebox and Trailer Owners/PRP rescue services, as they will arrange separate transport for horse if lorry cannot be fixed roadside.

Caramac71

Visit site
My first year I did with Anthony Evans, but when I renewed I was keen to change to a better recovery service and Shearwater were really helpful and price matched so I went with them.