Insurance for someone else riding my horses?

lucy_108

Visit site
Insurance is a minefield that I do not remotely understand, so thought I’d ask you knowledgable bunch!

So first up - I have a champion plus membership with World Horse Welfare which is my 3rd party liability insurance. The wording in my policy is as follows:

Public liability cover for accidental third party Bodily Injury and third party Property Damage for any person who holds a current/paid up Champion Plus with Veterinary, Junior ChampionPlus, ChampionPlus or Family Membership of World Horse Welfare. The policy can extend to cover any person riding the horse in the presence of the member with their permission.

I have a wee girl coming to help me ride a couple of times a week, no money involved, I’m just trying to help a young rider who doesn’t have the opportunities I was afforded as a kid with ponies.

My question is: if we both have 3rd party liability is this sufficient to cover her and myself? As I say, it’s just a friendly helping hand, not anything formal and no money changing hands.

TIA!

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
That will cover both of you for somebody suing either of you for damage done while by your horse. It will also cover her or more likely her parents suing you for damage to her from your horse.

It will be difficult and expensive to get more than that, do you feel you need anything else?