Insurance help

Adoni123

Visit site
Hi all,
I am buying a horse quite a bit more expensive than I usually would in the current market. I’m not interested in getting loss of use paid for I just want vet bills covered but can’t find an insurance company that does this - does anyone have any recommendations?
Any recommendations for a reasonably priced insurer also? Would need to be covered for low level competition including cross country.
TIA ❤️

Chianti

Visit site
Have you tried the Insurance Emporium? They do a sort of pick and mix policy where you can choose the level of cover you want.

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
Do you mean loss of use or loss of horse. I've not come across any that include loss of use as standard but most include loss of horse under their mortality and theft cover.

I have had insurance with Shearwater, Towergate, NFU, Equicover, SEIB and not had loss of use with any of them though Towergate insisted on including public liability.

Kbis have a good online calculator where you can add and remove items to see how they affect your premium and you can change the value.

eggs

Visit site
loss of use is usually an add-on optional extra - for which you will pay a LOT of money and probably never get a pay out for.

Most policies are for loss of horse (ie. death) if it meets BEVA guidelines and you can add on extras like vet cover etc.

I am with NFU who do a break down of what each bit of cover is costing and the vet fee cover is the vast majority of the policy cost.