Insurance premium costs

UKa

community.webshots.com
How much are premiums nowadays? I had my old girl on cheap veteran plan but looking to buy new pony under £5K. Tried to get quotes they are really high? Recommendatio welcome. Was with Petplan and Happy.

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
It depends what you want. My NFU insurance which was for all vets fees, public liability, no tack or trailer insurance was £120 a month for two ponies. They are now 12 and 14 and as one of them was excluded for almost everything I changed to Harry Hall which is much cheaper. Two ponies, public liability, £5k injury only is £66 a quarter. You can add on tack, trailer, PTS and disposal etc which bumps it up.

Having said that NFU were brilliant and didn’t quibble with B pony when he did a suspensory and then got laminitis. Paid up straight away and if I had another youngster I would use them again. You have to weigh up the odds of having a back up plan and paying out yourself of paying a high premium knowing you are covered.

Upthecreek

Visit site
I believe the cover offered by Harry Hall is for external injuries only so you have no cover for vet fees for anything else. Fine if you have savings or credit cards to pay for any illness or lameness investigations etc.

Bobthecob15

Visit site
Under insure and don't choose loss of use! We are paying about £50 a month for our pony who has basic cover and insured for 2k less than we paid for him...seems mad but that was cheap! Some were over £100 a month. We also have BHS gold membership for public liability x

UKa

community.webshots.com
Under insure and don't choose loss of use! We are paying about £50 a month for our pony who has basic cover and insured for 2k less than we paid for him...seems mad but that was cheap! Some were over £100 a month. We also have BHS gold membership for public liability x
Yes that’s what I seemed to see.very expensive premiums but I don’t think I want loss of use insurance

AandK

Visit site
I have a policy with Animal Friends, up to £6k vet fee cover, horse value just under £2k, its £60 a month which was the best price I could find. I claimed recently and they were quick to pay and easy to deal with.