Insurance

Bettyboo1976

Visit site
Why is it that Horse Insurance companies only let you make 1 claim against the animal and then exclude that part of the animal from any further claims.. if my horse was a car i could claim against lets say the wing 3 or 4 times but if my horse goes lame then i can only claim against the leg once then the leg is excluded.. kida defeats the purpose of insurace a little?? Feel free to discuss

ATM, my horse is insured for 3 legs..
crazy.gif

jumpthemoon

Visit site
I agree it's pretty irritating! Although it seems odd the whole leg is uninsured...what injury did your horse have? Mine fractured his splint bone and initially I was told the whole leg was going to be excluded, but I queried it and they changed it to the splint bone on that leg being excluded, which is fair enough, I suppose.

Darkhorse

Visit site
I suppose they see it as a weakness and therefore exlude it to prevent paying out on further claims...

I have a huge claim in for colic and peritonitist which goes way over insurance limit of £5k so I fully expect a whole host of exlusions on next years policy.. In fact Im not sure I will bother again.

dianchi

Visit site
People dnt challenge their exculsions enough if you learn the system its fine.
My Mare had high suspensory damage, Deep cut into the fetlock joint and colic and i now have no exculsions on the policy as per their terms and conditions