Insurance

seaview

Visit site
I have just recently got a new job
smile.gif
and am getting someone to help me on weekdays with the horses to take a bit of the pressure off, she is going to put them out in the morning muck them out leave the feed haylage etc in so I can have more time riding them as its tough enough to get three done while working full time and making sure they are out everyday.
The new employers are being fab and said I can work 8.30-4.30 so I'm home in time to ride in a bit of light anyhow..... Do I need insurance for her or do I need her to sign something, my current insurance on my yard doesnt cover someone if I am paying them to do the work as they are supposed to have their own cover, anyone know anything about this??

N
xxx

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
I think you need employers insurance - which costs a bloomin bomb!

I was looking in to this because I am paying someone to ride my horse twice a week. My BHS insurance only covers me if I'm not paying them.....

Bosworth

www.ballhillequestrian.co.uk
Not necessary to get employers insurance if she is a self employed groom. Does she do this as a job? Also if you are paying her you need to look into the full implications of being an employer. You would need to pay NI contributions - and possibly PAYE.

D

Donkeymad

I doubt she will be working enough hours/being paid enough for OP to need to pay NI or Tax.