Insurance??

jodiew

Visit site
Right basically i need to get my horse insured, and have been looking around and dont really no who is he best or cheapest.

Who is everyon else with? who would you recommend?

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Jodie xx

ecrozier

Visit site
No personal experience of them but I have heard E&L are a bit of a disaster area.
I use SEIB and they have been very good.

SouthWestWhippet

Visit site
I used SEIB as well and although i've never claimed (touch wood) when I bought a new saddle I phoned up to get it added onto the insurance and they sorted it out really quickly.

I've heard E&L don't pay out very easily and that Petplan is meant to be excellent but not the cheapest. don't know how true this is tho.

Rambo

Visit site
I wonder how long it will be before this thread gets deleted
tongue.gif

jodiew

Visit site
has anyone got the websites for NFL or SEIB please???

I have an hour to spare at work and have internet use
smile.gif
smile.gif

ClareMc

Visit site
I insure with NFU (very good) but I heard they were'nt taking any new business, unless you already insure with them - another horse, or household or whatever.

Before that I used Petplan, no complaints about service but where more expensive.

jodiew

Visit site
how much on average would you say is reasonablie, for a -

17h
14yrs
insured for schooling, hacking local shows, dressage and all the other usual stuff?

miller

Visit site
I use NFU - have just added OH's mare to my policy and a friend has just taken out brand new insurance with them.

Never had a problem with them and don't bother shopping round now as my lad is too old to get full vet cover on a new policy with anyone else

ecrozier

Visit site
My 16hh mare who is insured for the same but is now 15 is about £35 a month, but she is insured for a fairly low value as really only insure for vets fees - sounds terrible to say but I wouldn't replace her should the worst happen, as she is my 2nd horse anyway and actually semi-retired!

Blizzard

Visit site
I have one with NFU the other with petplan simply because he is 16 and NFU wont cover vets fees for illness at that age, whereas Petplan will cover him until he is 20.

Flossie06

Visit site
I'm with NFU and had a massive claim with them last year. They were totally hassle free, paid the vet direct - no problem and I think the premium is probably no more expensive than elsewhere, if not really pretty reasonable.

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
I have been with carriage house, who are fab, but didnt have the exact cover i wanted, so looked at others. Petplan were good prices but I've heard bad things, so ended up with NFU.

Bert&Maud

Visit site
Another one for NFU! Currently making large claim and they're brilliant! Got a similar horse, 16.3 14yo for hacking, RC dressage & training/flatwork, valued at £4,500, and paid just over £500 a year (£43 month) but recently added Ifor Williams 510 to the policy so now pay £56 month. This includes loss of use. Also insure 4wd and house with them. They are certainly amongst the most reasonable that I found. (NB Price isn't everything if they don't pay up!).