Insurance

trendybraincell

Visit site
Forgive me if this seems a slightly daft question, but how much are you paying for insurance?

My renewal came through and it seems to have rocketed up this year, but since Shadow is my first horse I'm not really sure if my renewal is exorbitant or not?! I have had him 6 years and been with NFU for the last 5, I had a claim 2 years ago now for ruptured suspensory ligament, so I expected it to go up then :(

I have compared a few quotes which obviously have quite a range (typical insurance companies :rolleyes:) I am also cautious about who I insure with, as you often hear nightmare stories about companies trying to get out of paying on claims etc...its a minefield!!

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
I think I paid £70 in the first month followed by £35 each month for the next 9 months, then nothing for the remaining 2 months of the policy. Something like that anyway...

It feels expensive but given my horse had nearly £5000 of vet treatment in 2009/10, it was worth it. Although one could potentially argue that if I hadn't been insured, maybe the vet wouldn't have suggested so many expensive treatments... but that's a different thread! ;)

Gluttonforpunishment

Visit site
I've been with the NFU for 10 years and never made a claim, this year my premium went from £37 per month to £55. Needless to say I have not renewed!

NFU premiums have rocketed this year for household & car insurance too (I work in this sector) they have lots of very hacked of customers.

Samantha008

Visit site
I pay £35 a month for both of mine, bot are insured for 4000 and that covers everything but i dont have loss of use. Both covered to hunt/event etc. I insure with Stoneways and i cant fault them! Ive had to claim for £3000 this year and they have been BRILLIANT. I had the cheques within two weeks of the first phone call and mine wasnt exactly straightforward :)