Insurance

mollybee

Visit site
Can anyone recommend an insurance company for our new pony.
She is 18, and will be used purely for happy hacking, just wondered if there was anyone you would or would not use!
My daughter has personal riding insurance for herself through E&L, and I have had a quote with them as well for pony which comes out at £18.00 a month which I'm more than happy with.
PetplanEquine I have also tried with the same kind of monthly premium.
It's not the monthly payment but what is actually included in the policy which interests me more, I know you are limited when insuring an older pony, but any advice is much appreciated.
Thanks

Herts05

Visit site
You need to make sure that you choose a company with a good reputation for paying out in the event of a claim. Why not have a chat with your vet who can tell you who to avoid.
I've always used NFU and found them really good, but you will get different opinions on here

oscarwild

Visit site
I got my insurance for my mare through Julie Andrews a insurance brooker. She goes through lots of companies and gives you the best quote for your needs. So my horses insurance is through Scottish Equestrian. Very good price and very good at paying out when you need to make a claim. Have heard pet plan are good at paying out. Previously was insured through NFU but had issues with a claim so wouldnt use them again. But know of people who have had no issues with them. My friend went to insure through E&L and vet advised against them as they had issues getting claims paid.