Insurance

jokadoka

Visit site
I have been given the opportunity to hack out my friend's daughter's horse whenever I want.
What kind of insurance and companies would you recommend?
Thanks!

Lady Jane

Visit site
You need public liability definitely and should consider personal accident. BHS Gold, Harry Hall and others offer good deals. But first check if the owners insurance will cover you for public liability, you may not need any additional insurance

jokadoka

Visit site
You need public liability definitely and should consider personal accident. BHS Gold, Harry Hall and others offer good deals. But first check if the owners insurance will cover you for public liability, you may not need any additional insurance

Thank you! The owner's insurance does not cover me. I'll contact your suggestions, need to get this sorted asap

Polos Mum

Visit site
There's a useful thread on here recently about friends having accidents while riding friends horse - hopefully remote scenario but horses can be horses.

Public liability is a must - is you are out on the horse and they get loose and cause a traffic accident you want to be covered.

Your personal cover depends on what you have in place anyway - what happens if you can't work for six weeks with a broken arm? Whether horse related or not.
What happens if you have a messy broken pelvis and it's 6 months off work - again could be horse related could be anything else unlucky.

The BHS / BD/ Harry Hall etc. policies give you up to £10k for a catastrophic accident - sadly for me that wouldn't last long as I'm the only wage earner in our family and the mortgage is mad!

Loss of earnings cover (if you don't have cover from your employer) is really useful - for horse and non horse potential situations!

jokadoka

Visit site
There's a useful thread on here recently about friends having accidents while riding friends horse - hopefully remote scenario but horses can be horses.

Public liability is a must - is you are out on the horse and they get loose and cause a traffic accident you want to be covered.

Your personal cover depends on what you have in place anyway - what happens if you can't work for six weeks with a broken arm? Whether horse related or not.
What happens if you have a messy broken pelvis and it's 6 months off work - again could be horse related could be anything else unlucky.

The BHS / BD/ Harry Hall etc. policies give you up to £10k for a catastrophic accident - sadly for me that wouldn't last long as I'm the only wage earner in our family and the mortgage is mad!

Loss of earnings cover (if you don't have cover from your employer) is really useful - for horse and non horse potential situations!

Thank you !!