Insurers exclusion

wickedwilfred

Visit site
I am in the process of insuring a competition horse and have submitted a valid full veterinary report, complete with x-rays. The insurance company are now saying they will not cover him for injury to his front legs apart from bleeding as in their opinion, there is ‘re-modelling on the navicular bone’, even though there is no evidence of this on the report and all the comments against this sectioin read ‘normal’. Am I able to contest this ? After all, what is the point of having an expensive veterinary report done, if the underwriters can ignore the findings, or re-interprete to suit themselves ?

ihatework

Visit site
It pretty standard and quite frustrating.
Might be worth sending to other insurers as there is often a variation in interpretation.

We pulled out of a sale last year after insurers excluded hocks and stifles on X-rays, minor remodelling that our Vets felt were, on the basis of probability, not clinically significant.

Priyashome

Visit site
NFU were they only ones who didn't want to exclude my horses back or back legs due to a comment on the (passed) 5 star vetting which said she was slightly asymmetrical. Their view was a pass is a pass, end of story. Good luck x