Insurers that pay direct to vets?

Montyforever

Visit site
Can I have some reccomendations please! :)

Need one that pays direct to vets, only need 3rd party liability and vets fees as she's non ridden so no rider insurance etc but she does go out on the roads/to shows etc so 3rd party liability is a must!

Jools2345

Visit site
IME they all pay direct the thing to look for at the mo is that some of them are starting to state the claim has to be submitted within 14 days and many vets are not set up to do that, good payers have been NFU, petplan and KBIS.

the only problem i have seen is that most vets wont deal direct with E & L as they have a reputation for delaying payment

maxapple

Visit site
Another vote for petplan. They paid every bit of my £5k claim to my vets promptly and with no issues.

Love

Visit site
I'm with NFU and have just claimed for a huge bill for blocked tear duct treatment which included a few nights at the horsepital and they have paid vets direct without any problems.

I know they are a bit more expensive but I have never had a problem with them paying out and they were especially good when my old pony broke his leg in the field and had to be PTS.

MiCsarah

Visit site
Im with NFU had a massive claim of £5k about a year ago and they were very easy to deal with. Just did it all through vets, I never had to do a thing. Would never use E&L and my vets are vary wary of doing expensive treatments on horses who are insured with them

Cheiro1

Visit site
NFU. Been absolutely brilliant with 2 horses who both ended up with large vet bills - always paid promptly and without question.

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
IME they all pay direct the thing to look for at the mo is that some of them are starting to state the claim has to be submitted within 14 days and many vets are not set up to do that, good payers have been NFU, petplan and KBIS.

Not all, my own horse is with NFU and once the claim is started then it's all very smooth. However my loan horse is with Shearwater and while I have no complaints with their service, they had to send me a cheque, made out to the vet, which I forwarded on. The first one I send somehow did a tour of the small animal dept before they contacted me and worked out who it was for. I asked if they could pay direct but they couldn't, something to do with the underwriters they had used in this case.

pinklilly

Visit site
Petplan are good. Took 4 months to get payment off Stoneways for vets bills, got it eventually but what a faff, they must have spent far more money trying to get out of paying, the lameness work up was only about £1200.

paulineh

Visit site
I use NFU for the horses , dogs and my Land Rover and have never had a problem at all. They have always paid up. They pay my equine vet direct and the cheques for my dogs come quickly.

Never had any treatment refused by them and one of my dogs has 3 ongoing claims each with a limit of £4000. Knowing this I have peace of mind that any investigations or treatments my animals need will be able to be given.

Abacus

Visit site
I used to use NFU but switched to KBIS for both horses.

NFU always paid out, but are hard to get hold of and put their prices up hugely. Apparently they are trying to get rid of most horse insurances as they aren't profit-making. About 2 years ago my premium went up massively - to just under £100/month for my horse (from £35ish). If you phone them, you never get through - you have to leave a message. In fairness they do phone back within a day or so.

KBIS have been brilliant so far and do pay direct to the vet. They are much easier to contact.