Intelligent worming programme

eventing_2012

Visit site
Is anyone on here on a yard with the intelligent worming programme? our yard moved onto it must be about 18 months ago now, we were told it would work out cheaper, but I feel like all I am doing is paying out for it, we had to pay I think it was £30 for the initial registration and now we have to pay £14.50 per year for the cost of continuing with the programme which I think is a bloody cheek seen as all they prob have to do is click a Button. Poo pots are £7.00 and is seems we are doing these every 3 months or something ridiculous and not worming any less. My horse has never had any worms in all the worm counts that have been done and I understand we have to worm for the seasonal worms that don’t show up on worm counts like tapeworm but are these other wormers really necessary, we are in individual paddocks from which we don’t rotate, our fields are regularly poo picked. I just feel like I’m being ripped off and its money I could really do without spending if not needed.

Does anyone else have any views on the intelligent worming programme, good and back, would be interested to hear. I have phoned them to voice my concerns however they just reel off a load of marketing rubbish and actually don’t answer your questions.

Thanks In advance

GinaGeo

Visit site
I spoke to them when I was overhauling my own worming programme - I managed to get costings off them eventually and was quite shocked by it!

I had done a lot of my own research into the topic and so I was well aware of what needed doing when. In the end I opted to use Westgate Laboratories for my worm counts and then shop around for my Wormers. I Worm count March, June and September - worm if needed. Then worm for Tapeworm in October (usually use Equitape) and Encysted Redworm (used Equest last year) in December after the frost.

If I remember my sums correctly, for one horse it worked out about £100 cheaper each year - so with three the saving was significant - and like you not money I can afford to throw away.

At the time I thought it useful for a yard owner to have somebody organise for everybody as it took the onus off them, but mine are at home in a closed herd, with well managed paddocks. So that extra precaution really isn't necessary.

You're in a difficult situation really.

SpottedCat

Visit site
I spoke to them and came to the same conclusion re costs, and decided to keep doing what I've been doing.

emmah

www.amazingpase.co.uk
I'm nearing the end of my second year of the plan and feel all the promises of it being cheaper are not true. I have only been sent 2 wormers this year and 2 poo test pots, it would have been cheaper to get the poo tests done and just buy the wormers I need!! I wont be renewing for a third year thats for sure!!

Law

Visit site
I'm another one who was totally and utterly disillusioned with the company. Complete and utter waste of money and time. I made my complaints well known and got absolutely nowhere. It feels like a complete con.

eventing_2012

Visit site
Yeah I'm sure it is, trouble is there is a lady at the yard who has sent it all up and is very pro it and won't have any of it when you tell her it's a con. Really fed up of it. Not really sure how to get out of it...

Natch

Visit site
Lindsay no it doesn't but it gives you some idea of if your worming programme is working, or if the worms are resistant to the chemicals you are using.

I had no idea intelligent worming was so expensive!

Fimbacob

Visit site
How disappointing that a market leader is behaving in such a way, especially as I am in the process of doing my SQP, I hope I don't get tarred with the same brush!
So you pay an initial one off joining fee plus another 14.50 a year but all worm counts are included for that yearly fee? 3 counts for 14.50 is good as my local vets charge £12 a time. Please correct me if I'm wrong...
Yes worm counts can't show everything but are a very important tool and can limit wormers to 2 a year, plus when worming for tapeworm only, you can just use praziquantel and save a moxidectin based (eg Pramox) for another time, limiting the use of moxidectin therefore lowering resistance. Please don't give up on worm counts! Just find someone who will listen and reply to your queries!

GinaGeo

Visit site
When I enquired, you paid the £50.00 registration fee and then £14.50 each year - this is just for being on their books. You then paid for each worm count on top of that as well as paying for wormers. The prices all had an added premium and were above market value. It's a shame as I was very interested, just couldn't warrant paying their prices.

Fimbacob

Visit site
When I enquired, you paid the £50.00 registration fee and then £14.50 each year - this is just for being on their books. You then paid for each worm count on top of that as well as paying for wormers. The prices all had an added premium and were above market value. It's a shame as I was very interested, just couldn't warrant paying their prices.

Good grief! That is more than I expected! I will keep the rest of my opinions to myself or I will get in trouble. Thanks for the info though.