Intensive Jumping Course

Ceriann

Visit site
Can anyone recommend somewhere that does these? I havent jumped in years and need to go back to basics (I have regular flatwork lessons on my young mare). I dont want jumping lessons on my mare as she's only 5 and a green combo isnt what i want for her when she's starting to jump (we do pole work etc but im keen to get her jumping with confidence and i know i wouldnt do that for her). I have a rider that can bring on her jumping but want to do the same for me on something that will do the job and with an instructor that will be sympathetic with my rustiness etc. IM Midlands based and would prefer to be closeish but will travel if anyone can recommend somewhere good.

Ceriann

Visit site
I did a thorough trawl of riding schools circa 6 months ago and got some good flat lessons at a place locally but they struggled to fit me in for private lessons at weekends. I cant do work days as i work full time and committing to group sessions in the evenings is tricky as i can work unpredictable hours. Most of the places locally are geared to children at weekends too. Ive got a good instructor for schooling for my mare and that's great - id just really like to improve my jumping for the summer so we can have a try at a few things (not competing just popping small jumps in the school etc) and soemone suggested an intensive course to get me going (just not a place to do it).

L&M

Visit site
Where are you in the Midlands? Our local comp centre in south shropshire does 3 day adult jumping camps approx once a month over the summer - having done one myself I would say they are pretty intensive!!

Ceriann

Visit site
South of Birmingham (Bromsgrove). Have looked at somewhere in Stafford that does them (about an hour commute both ways). The camp thing sounds just the thing. Do you have to take your own horse or is it a school and does it cater for basically a novice jumper (havent done more than small jumps for years)?

L&M

Visit site
Sorry Ceriann, I didn't read your post properly. Yes you do need to take your own horse for these camps but they do cater for all levels and types of horses if you wanted to brave it with your own.

Google 'Bow House Equestrian' for more info as may be something you could do once your mare is more established.