Intensive training

rachael0507

New User
Visit site
Does anyone know of any instructors/ yards that offer intensive intermediate riding weeks/ holidays? I know of Talland, but I'm looking for something that offers even more riding throughout the week, ie 3/4 hours a day intensive instruction for those coming back after a long break away from riding.
Looking for something for myself whilst my own horse goes for schooling. Would consider taking my own horse if location was closer to home.
Any area considered throughout the whole of the UK/Ireland.
Thanks

Matafleur

Visit site
Try Summerhouse when lockdown is lifted a bit more? They do a range of options and I'm sure will customise something for you if you want?

j1ffy

Visit site
My muscles are already aching in sympathy at someone coming back from a break doing 3-4 hours intensive tuition a day ;)

Talland will likely be able to tailor something for you if needed. I think Pen-Llyn Lusitanos in Wales also do residential tuition. If lockdown eases to allow foreign travel there are also a lot of places in Ireland that look pretty good, particularly if you want jumping.

RachaelJC

Visit site
I did something similar at Talland without my horse getting training. Rode for three hours per day, albeit in the afternoon as that's when instruction starts mostly. In the mornings I watched the student lessons and chatted to instructors.

As others have said, Summerhouse also do this, and I know Pen-Llyn can teach you and train your horse as I've booked me and my boy in for a week in the Autumn

j1ffy

Visit site
Just thought as well - do Wellington Riding near Reading still do intensive courses? They used to be good but I only go there for BD competitions / arena hire these days so not sure what the tuition is like now.

teapot

Visit site
Wellington does them but primarily aimed at those doing their exams. Just about to start one a proper one hopefully, having been semi intensively training there already one day a week.

I really really wouldnt recommend going from nothing for three/four hours a day though, especially not at training centre level, it'll break you, however fit you are. I've had physio between lessons before now to ease the process! It's also hard work mentally at times, so think very carefully about what you need/want - give yourself time physically and mentally to get the most out of it because they're not cheap either.

Ingestre does them too I believe.