Inter County BD Report

trendybraincell

Visit site
So I don't tend to write reports, but this time I have something really worth writing about (facebookers will already know) :D

A fellow livery put my name forward to ride Elementary for the Inter County Team dressage. To be honest my elementary outings to date have been fairly mediocre :rolleyes: But they needed someone and it's all good practice I said :D

So off we toddled today to West Wilts. The aim was to try to ride both the horse and the test, I tend to forget Shadow and worry more about not forgetting the test, hence the mediocre marks!!

He warmed up really well, first off we had E53. It was a nice test. Safe but not bad, the usual inaccuracies letting my marks down! So I was pleasantly surprised to finish with 66.47% which left us in second place. I was really quite content with that and just wanted to get round the second test without mistakes!

On to E59 and he was hard going :eek: I pushed as much as I dare but he was tired so I was a little conservative, would have been happy to come out with low 60's... cue picking me up off the floor when we scored a whooping 72.50% :eek:
I was and still am gobsmacked!! Only a few weeks ago I had been doubting if we could ever really be competitive at the level :( Well we stayed in the top spot all the way to the end :eek:

Our scores combined from both tests left us 1st overall in the Open Elementary section...I'll admit there was some stupid, ok a lot of stupid dancing from me!!! We took the ponies back home and went back in the car for the Open section prize giving, to discover the team Shadow and I were in had bloody won :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: ...SOOOOOOOO one of my life ambitions has been realised... we won a sash and rug :eek:: can you tell I've VERY happy about that!!

I also found out tonight that we have also won the highest % so have also won a voucher for the photographer!!

I am SO incredibly over the moon, I never imagined in my wildest dreams we would have done so well. I really can't thank Miss_C enough for being chauffeur and groom/photographer. My amazing trainer who's done wonders with us, my fellow livery and Avon team rider for putting my name in the hat, and finally to Shadow for never failing to disappoint me!!

And heres a few pictures to continue boring the pants off everyone :D

IMG_8065.jpg

IMG_8064.jpg

IMG_8123.jpg

IMG_8149.jpg

IMG_8218.jpg

I know it doesn't look like it, but this really is a happy face :rolleyes:
IMG_8224.jpg

Holy batman...don't know why photobucket won't resize them??!!

miss_c

Visit site
You did so so so so so so well! As you know I love grooming and had a great time, and you winning it was the icing on the cake! And thank you for letting me borrow your super camera to take the photos, otherwise they would have been SHOCKING!

Congrats hun, you have worked so hard and deserve to enjoy this FOREVER!

P.S. No... I am not standing holding your posh winner's rug in the middle of summer. :p