Interested, thoughts please

faerie666

Visit site
From the way she looks, I would put her at closer to 2 than 3.

However, we were sent a 4 year old TB filly to break last year who looked like a yearling, and had a complete mess of a set of teeth.
When I asked vet to look, he aged her at 2-3 years from her teeth, but she was passported and microchipped a couple of weeks after birth, so was definitely 4 (we checked the chip).:rolleyes:

Just shows that, even at that age, teeth aren't very accurate.

I refused to actually back her because she looked so weak, so we sent her back after getting her used to tack and doing some lunging and longreining, I think she'll probably come back this summer to finish the job.:)

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
From the way she looks, I would put her at closer to 2 than 3.

However, we were sent a 4 year old TB filly to break last year who looked like a yearling, and had a complete mess of a set of teeth.
When I asked vet to look, he aged her at 2-3 years from her teeth, but she was passported and microchipped a couple of weeks after birth, so was definitely 4 (we checked the chip).:rolleyes:

Just shows that, even at that age, teeth aren't very accurate.

I refused to actually back her because she looked so weak, so we sent her back after getting her used to tack and doing some lunging and longreining, I think she'll probably come back this summer to finish the job.:)

Thanks faerie666. It is surprising the differences really and how teeth are not always accurate. Not sure I will ever be sure, be interesting to see what an EDT thinks as the vets don't agree :confused: