Interesting loss of shoe, ever seen anything like it?? Amazing!!

ArcticFox

www.bryland.co.uk
Last night I went to get my horse in, to find him walking with a horrid lameness behind, he was high stepping with his off hind as he made a few strides across the field.

On closer inspection it turns out his shoe was attached to his leg, around his pastern - yep thats right, around his pastern like a bracelet!!

It looks like it would be extremely difficult to remove, but we took it off the way we assume it went on! He must have had that perfectly timed moment, when pulling his front shoe off and it flipping up and meeting his hind cannon bone at exactly the right moment to hook it onto his leg where it slid down and got stuck on his pastern!!

He had no injuries from this, except his is footsore on his right fore without a shoe, but the farrier is coming tomorrow so hopefully all should be well by tomorrow!

I was flabbergasted by this, as was my friend and hubby - never in my life (and my dad was a farrier) have I seen this happen.

Thought I'd share it all to cheer up your Monday!

:D http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y343/carolinefox1/Jackshoe_zps854cea3a.jpg

Tash88

Visit site
That's crazy! Hope he's okay after having a shoe put back on, and lucky he didn't catch himself with one of the nails that is sticking out.

_GG_

Visit site
I think your horse really loves you. He has saved you the trouble of walking the field looking for the shoe and/or paying for a new one :)

Very impressive :)

ArcticFox

www.bryland.co.uk
It was quite impressive! and very thoughtful of him to want to keep it.

Since it happened it has become apparent that he is very foot sore and the farrier believes he has deep bruising to his heel. Hopefully it will go in a day or so. I suspect the catching of the shoe behind has made him freak a bit and he's galloped onto stones or something. :(