Interesting to me...

BBs

Visit site
Just browsing through lists of riders at the weekend and I came across a name I recognised.
Well we all know Francis Whittington, but hes riding a horse called Volansky.
Snoopys father is called Polansky, and so I went in search... looks like Volansky is snoopys 1/2 brother, both born in 2002 by Polansky.

Just be interesting to see how he runs at SofE this weekend at his first event.

Sorry, totally self indulgent, just like to see horses competing by the same sire as my own horses.

Esp snoop who is by a Dressage Stally rather than an eventer/SJer.

Tempi

Visit site
Really interesting, you will have to watch every movement of Volansky on the weekend!! I know i would be if it was any relation to Archie
smile.gif

BBs

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Really interesting, you will have to watch every movement of Volansky on the weekend!! I know i would be if it was any relation to Archie
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately event is quite some way from me
frown.gif

But if anyone is going to SofE this weekend.... F is in Section A.

Hes entered Novice at Keysoe, so perhaps like SNoopy hes bold at jumping too??

BBs

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
yes - v exciting!!!

at the w/end we watched a horse at a point to point who's sire was the same as my friends - he did quite well too!!

let us know how he goes.

Bx

[/ QUOTE ]

Will do hunny.

I like to see off-spring by stallys which are either related to my horses or friends. It makes it a bit more interesting.

Halfstep

Visit site
Ohhh, very interesting! It is so fascinating to see these Polansky offspring jumping and eventing - he is known mainly as a dressage sire. If you look at his studcard his jumping assessment wasn't wonderful (but not bad either). I'll watch Volansky's progress with much interest.
I have a 2001 Polansky gelding who has been produced purely for dressage, but he too has a very natural jump and in other hands could very possibly have made an eventer or SJer.

BBs

Visit site
Hun, I also thought this would be of interest to you... was about to PM you in fact lol

Yes i read with interest about Ps jumping assessment... so decided Snoop must be a freak lol but apparently not! I did wonder if Volansky was the horse Sam Champney-Warner had for sale in November.

poggio

Visit site
Yep very interesting !
my boy is related to one of Lucy Hollidays eventers that did well at advanced and I always followed his progress... was really exciting to watch him.
Pity mine hasn't lived up to his brother's standards though!

bandit

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
yes - v exciting!!!

at the w/end we watched a horse at a point to point who's sire was the same as my friends - he did quite well too!!

let us know how he goes.

Bx

[/ QUOTE ]

Will do hunny.

I like to see off-spring by stallys which are either related to my horses or friends. It makes it a bit more interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just had a look - and Bonnie's old owner is in the same section as Volanski!!!

How bizarre - I know they are mates as both equine dentists I believe.

Bx

Munchie

Visit site
It's interesting to me too
grin.gif

Since getting my new one I've spent ages on the net researching everything thats even vaguely related to her! lol

Fiona

Visit site
I got told off last year for talking about Flo's half brother. Seemingly is only a half brother/sister if they are both out of the same mare, and wrong to use this term if by the same stallion.

I know what you mean though - there are a couple of Warpaint horses eventing that I watch (S's sire) and another one by Florida Son (F's sire) that did the junior euro's last year. Makes spectating more interesting.

Fiona