Interesting

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
Have heard a rumour that the Aussie team selection for Olympics might be very different to what anyone expects.

The selectors are insistent that combinations must have done a 3DE. Some combinations have not done a 3DE but have very good results and may not get onto the team.

There perhaps also seems to be a bias towards Aussies living in Aussie land.

tigers_eye

Visit site
Well I suppose Aussie-based horses might be better at coping with the heat, although I thought humidity wasn't that high in Oz? And whatever the selectors decide, they've got a pretty good track recod when it comes to team golds in all but the last Olympics...

LEC

www.youtube.com
But I think the annoyance comes in that the Aussies based in Oz have done very little due to Horse Flu (2 events I think) so the Europeans based are much better prepared. The Aussies did not do all that well at WEG either.

LEC

www.youtube.com
It was true. Some have to go to Luhmuhlen like Andrew hoy and Stewart Tinney to prove themselves but others who felt they had done enough were still asked to go.

Eventerlad15

Visit site
That would mean Brit didn't go and shes probably one of the best horses is the world. I heard the selectors were a bit mad and wern't liked very much.

kerilli

Visit site
they'd have to be absolutely crackers not to take Brit, surely? it will be awful for LF if they don't, that's a horse in a million, and i think she's the perfect sort to cope with those conditions over there. i think she's proved herself enough in the last couple of years, to anyone who is even half sane!

Whispa

Visit site
Following on from this, looks like Lucinda F has Brit running at Lumuhlen CCI****. Have to say that if any horse/rider has proved themselves its got to be this pair!!! And surely they must still be qualified following last year's Badminton win??? Was v suprised to see that they are competing - its not that long until the Olympics is it?!

Plus there is only 24 starters! though most of the Germans are in the CIC***.