Intermediate BE

MagicMelon

Visit site
I KNOW Ive already asked this, but I cannot remember! How do you qualify for an intermediate? Is it 4 clears novice etc. or can anyone enter?

And remind me what the heights are of SJ & XC and whats involved in the dressage (compared with a novice)

Bossanova

Visit site
Rider- 5 novice xc clears
Horse- 3 novice xc clears

SJ is up to 1.25 (only 2 fences, rest is 1.20)
Xc is 1.15

Dressage test has shoulder-in/travers, simple change through walk and counter canter, plus whole thing must be done in sitting.

dieseldog

Visit site
You can do an Intermediate Novice, which is Intermediate Dressage/SJ and Novice XC now. The XC is built a lot harder than Novice even though 5cms doesn't sound much.

When my sister moved up to intermediate she found the sitting trot/travers the worst.

When are you thinking of having a go? Have you got all your XC clears?

MagicMelon

Visit site
Yeah, maybe I'll try an Intermediate Novice first, do you need to qualify for that?

We have 3 clears so far, so would need 2 more for me. Considering our dressage is pretty bad at novice level, maybe I'll wait until we improve (if we ever do.....)!

Dont mind the SJ height as I find BE SJ rather woosy compared to BSJA! But 1.15m XC sounds a TAD scary.....

Saf

community.webshots.com
Hi
No qual for a IN, I have done one so far bit outclassed but who cares can't do dressage but like jumping
cool.gif

Good luck get on and enter
smile.gif

butterfly f

Visit site
hiya magic melon, this is in no way directed at you as i clearly have no idea how capable you and your horse are. but i would advise that you make sure both you and your horse are 110% confident round any novice track, and finding all the straight routes really easy as intermediate can be a big step up. the XC is bigger and therefore less forgiving of mistakes so as a rider you need to start walking courses really properly(if you dont already) preferably with the help of a more experienced rider.(or at least ask a professional for advise on the more difficult fences)
The trouble is at intermediate, if you make a mistake as a rider the fences are less forgiving and it is more difficult for the horse to jump you out of trouble.
The other thing i would say is to choose which intermediates you do cos in my experience there is a great variety. i always think Aston le walls is a nice first intermediate as its not too tough. I dont know if thats anywhere near you, but just be careful where you go, cos some Ints are much closer to advanced lol
anyway, good luck i dont mean to be down on your ambition i just think you should take care as i have learnt from my own mistakes!
i think at that level, eventing needs taking seriously and its no longer really a game!
good luck and enjoy it xxx