Intermittent upset tummy?

chaps89

Visit site
Every horse owners favourite topic this one- poo :eek:
Fattys droppings are always a bit like elephant poos, if they go into hard individual droppings like most horses it's usually when she isn't getting enough to eat.
Lately her droppings have been normal but there is a lot of liquid being passed through at the same time? And yesterday at one point she passed gas and also a small amount of liquid. Her back legs and tail are disgusting, even after being washed.
She seems fine in herself and temperature normal too.
She had ulcer treatment in 2016 and has been symptom free since and I'm always cautious to ensure she has plenty of forage, even as a very good doer.
I do wonder if she's struggling to get enough to eat through her muzzle in the day but her droppings are otherwise normal and enough of them and she's certainly not dropping weight.
Planning to worm count next week (although we are on top of worming, but YO is erratic in doing hers and poo picking so maybe that, although all previous counts have been no eggs seen) and will look at getting some protexin or similar but any other ideas?

missmatch

Visit site
Mine is the same, going into its 4th week now. Fine in himself but needing washing twice a day due to copious amounts of liquid poo!
Temp etc all normal and vet has put him on powdered steroids which worked brilliantly. However two days off them and it’s back to how it was so he’s going on a longer course.
We have wormed him, given protexin paste as well as him being on normal protexin and he’s on electrolytes as well. Simply no rhyme nor reason for it. None of the other horses are like this and nothing has changed.

shergar

Visit site
Google Fine fettle products happy tummy charcoal costs £20 50 very good for reducing the liquid in poo .

chaps89

Visit site
Missmatch- interesting yours is affected too and doesn't seem to have any underlying cause. I hope you get to the bottom of it soon.
Shergar- Thanks, I'll have a look.
Since its been cooler her tummy has seemed ok the last day or two. Worm count is in the process of being done and I'm going to continue keeping an eye on her.