International SJ news

SJFAN

Visit site
Michael & William Whitaker and Tim Stockdale are currently competing in Bordeaux. The World Cup Qualifier got underway a few minutes ago - scores & results come up quicker on www.scg-nl.nl than on the show's own website.
Nick Skelton and Louise Whitaker are among the Europeans competing in Florida. see www.stadiumjumping.com for reports & results. Nick has already won classes with Russel and Concas. He's also riding Love Z and Sunny Boy, while his Namur 47 is being ridden by Laura Kraut. Aiming to start Arko jumping when he comes home, expecting to take him to an early CSIO such as Rome. Rodrigo Pessoa is back in action there following surgery on one of his hands which he damaged in a fall in December and now has the ride on Coeur, the grey that some will remember John Renwick competing on about 3 years ago before he was sold to the USA where he's been ridden by Cayce Harrison (the owner's daughter). Markus Beerbaum is another leading rider competing there but his American-born wife Meredith is jumping at Bordeaux.

Rachel_M

Visit site
Thanks SJF, I must say you are very dedicated to jumping and thanks for the info.
smile.gif

SJFAN

Visit site
I regularly check the show calendar on the FEI website and the international schedules on the Dutch Federation website (the only one I know that puts almost all of the schedules up). These give me most of the event websites. Some of the smaller shows don't have their own websites but normally there's an email address for their Press Officers & Organisers and a quick message to them usually brings responses with the required information.

KarenX

Visit site
Thanks Linda - I had just been checking the results for Bordeaux. I notice that Micheal won a class and William was 3rd in the same class!
smile.gif
Is James there as well?

Karen
smile.gif

SJFAN

Visit site
Not unless he's gone as groom!
Did you go to the Premier Show at Addington? Their website has the prizewinners rather than full results, but it's good for a British show centre to manage than much.

KarenX

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Not unless he's gone as groom!
Did you go to the Premier Show at Addington? Their website has the prizewinners rather than full results, but it's good for a British show centre to manage than much.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, we didnt go to Addington because Sarah has glandular fever!
frown.gif
We are hoping she will be well enough to go to Rowallan.

SJFAN

Visit site
Oh dear, poor lass. I never caught it but I know that it can take quite a while to shake off - worse than flu. One of my classmates went down with it when we were doing our A Level Biology field trip in the dim & distant past. She was normally fighting fit, in fact she was Games Captain, & it was 6 weeks before she was well again. Hope Sarah will make a good recovery. I've heard good things about the Rowallan facilities.

KarenX

Visit site
She has been fighting it off since new year, so hopefully is over the worse by now. Its difficult keeping the horses fit without her though!

Yeah, Rowallan is a fantastic venue, so we're looking forward to that. Kingston's owner lives nearby as well, so its always a bonus seeing him when we go there.
smile.gif