Intro B - A Dressage Success.

acorn92x

Visit site
I'm not sure why I'm writing this (I think it's just because I'm incredibly proud haha) but my cob and me had a very successful first dressage test yesterday - we came 5th in a big, very competitive class of 20 people (Albeit only a walk trot test) with a percentage of 65.87%. What makes this really, really special is that she has NEVER done a dressage test and this was her very first attempt! I cried when I saw our score! Comments were generally very positive, she has a brilliant rhythm and the only real thing we got criticism wise was that she needs to work more through her back as was poking her nose at times (I've had her 2 months and she could barely do a 20m circle so such improvements obviously take time). We got a 7.5 for our free walk and our collectives were all 6.5's and she got a 7 for her rhythm. But I'm very, very happy with her - I'm lucky to have a fantastic instructor who has helped us no end already. Not looking for advice or anything just wanted to tell you all about my fab girl! :D Onwards and upwards from here I feel - feel so lucky to have such a fab little horse!

Micky

Visit site
Well done you!! It is always a fabulous confidence boost when you get placed, especially when you've never done the test//class before! ( doesnt matter that it was intro a/b!) Keep at it, you're doing something right :)

kassieg

Visit site
That's fantastic !!

It's not about the level its about the amount of achievement & it certainly sounds like you have achieved a lot :) no better feeling than your horse doing you proud & you doing your horse proud ! congrats :)

Mince Pie

Visit site
That's fantastic !!

It's not about the level its about the amount of achievement & it certainly sounds like you have achieved a lot :) no better feeling than your horse doing you proud & you doing your horse proud ! congrats :)

My thoughts exactly! Well done you :)