Introducing Lindeza (lin-day-za)

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
We seem to have reached a really good equilibrium. She is on
3.5kg timothy 3.5kg ryegrass, no soaking, and picks at barley straw when that's gone. No grazing muzzle either.

Ludo meanwhile had made it clear that he really, really wants some of her straw. So he gets ad lib ryegrass and a pack of straw and 3kg of grass nuts. I was unhappy with his weight for this time of year, not thin but too close for comfort. But his girth tells me he's put some on since getting straw. I'm always amazed how they know what they need if you let them tell you.

The bonus is that she will eat the ryegrass he turns up his nose at and he will eat the straw she won't finish :)

And my grin when I ride them at the moment splits my face in two. I am stopping her giving me full pass trot and canter when I want half pass (we compromise on ¾) and his work is improving all the time and today his canter to walk was like I pressed a "freeze" button with my seat and he dropped out of the canter suspension and walked. Awesome pair!

Last week when I was at my trainer with Ludo she said 'your riding has improved since you started training with Deza' and she was right, I'm sitting much more round him than I was. Part of that is that he is now allowing me to, but most of it is that you can't ride her any way but from your seat, and it transfers to him.

Fingers crossed we are all settled for the rest of the winter ?