Introducing Miss Farra Fryer

Theresa_F

Visit site
Well she made it down from Scotland - Eric Gillies were fantastic and she arrived totally chilled, no signs of sweat or stress.

Moved in like she had been here years, straight into Cairo's stable, investigated the hay, lick and rubber floor - she is still such a baby.

Andy fell in love at first sight, put his arms round her neck and gave her a huge hug and a few tears - he has been physically unwell since Cairo died and last night slept properly for the first time - she is worth every penny for this alone.

We put them in the winter paddock so they could run round but not churn up the good paddock and will go onto the summer at the weekend, Farra likes this paddock as it has lots of thistles and she is busy eating all the flowers.

Stinky is so happy - he actually left his breakfast for her. They groomed for hours, though she is the boss - few mare stares was all it took, but they look like they will be great friends - It is nice they are the same age, both are four, though Stinky is far more mature physically.

Here are a couple of pics - will do a little lunge tomorrow and start getting a work routine established next week.

She likes thistles - as you can see Stinky is nearby - he is her shadow - everywhere she goes, he follows and they graze close together.

19082008040.jpg

and grooming

19082008046.jpg

She has another 2 - 3 years of growing and filling out - will be about 17.1 - 17.2, at the moment no bum but it will come. We were really impressed us with her extended trot round the field yesterday - she can really shift.

Hope this is going to be the start of a wonderful lifetime for the four of us.

Hovis_and_SidsMum

Visit site
She's gorgeous Theresa. I hope she knows how lucky she is to have landed with you! Bless her she looks as babyish as Hovis did when I first got him - I was only looking at some photos the other day comparing them with how he looks now.
I hope she goes some way to filling the hooves of Ciaro and at least helps sooth some of the pain of losing him.
Heres hoping for many happy years for the four of you!

fairhill

Visit site
She's absolutely gorgeous
grin.gif

I'm glad she's settled in so well, especially getting on so well with Stinky
smile.gif

Chloe loved thistles too - whilst most horses delicately picked off the flowers and avoided the spikes, she just used to hoover the lot up
crazy.gif

quirky

Visit site
She looks beautiful and very settled. I'm so glad your husband approved of your choice and that he is now more content. Good luck for the future with her.