Introducing my boy and critique please! (with pics!)

horsehh

Visit site
Hey I've never really introduced my boy so thought it was about time!

I have a 14.2 reg connemara called shuffles (he doesn't shuffle tho! ) He is 13 this year but I've had him since just before he turned 7.

After being out on full loan for a few years while I was working 300 miles away, he came back to me 6 months ago. We're now on a great DIY yard with a lovely big school. I'm dying to get.out to some comps but we don't have transport :(

Here are some pics (phone wont let me post in main thread so I'll post them in a reply). The ones in the school are recent when we were jumping. the comp and long reining ones are 4 years ago, of anyone wants tk critique tue recent ones I'd appreciate it.

Last edited:

showpony

Visit site
Lovely looking honest pony. If you want cc, you need to give with your hands and get your bum out of the saddle over the jumps so he can lift his back end:) he looks like a really nice type though.

horsehh

Visit site
IMG_20140412_204620.jpg

IMG_20140411_131359.jpg

IMG_20140411_130144.jpg

IMG_20140411_131059.jpg

IMG_20140411_150500.jpg

IMG_20140411_131629.jpg

IMG_20140411_130436.jpg

lizbet

Visit site
He so cute . You have not been riding reqular for a long time then i take it if you have been away. Your hands and seat could do with some work.Have you got a instrutuor who can give you some help.The confiendce is certainley there and you seem to enjoy it.The pony would enjoy it more if you got those issuses sorted.He seems a very honest pony.He could be capable of going so well.He would then have a much rounder shape.Bet he scrubs up lovely after a worm bath.Hes great its down to you really.Wish you well have fun xx p.s Go to some shows watch how class winners turnout ride and how their horse go.

horsehh

Visit site
Hey thanks for the constructive replies! :)

He is an amazing little dressage pony and naturally carries himself properly when I ask him. He came 3rd in a novice last week but I didn't get any pictures unfortunately.

When jumping though he isn't quite as honest as he looks! And he can get quite strong, and he is great at running. Out at the last second, or just refusing on the last stride. Im nperchedng im not the cause but thats something he has*done since we had jumping lessons weekly 6 yrs ago for 2 years (alternating with flat work lessons). I think I actually used to ride worse from a safety POV - Always leaning forward and struggled to see the stride.

I think you're right a jumping lesson would be helpful if that's what we're enjoying. If I jump him when he is rounded up I don't get as good results as when my reins are longer, but just before the jump he gets strong, I sit defensively and psychologically feel like im 'lifting' him up over the jump, ha.

I can see I need to give with my hamds over the jump, as well as when he gets strong my hands come up.. wish I could afford a lesson with my lovely instructor!