Introducing my new horse!

miskettie

Visit site
After loosing my young mare last year I have been searching for new horse. I wanted something that had been there done that...So I bought a green, five year old from Ireland!

Ok it's not as bad as it sounds. I have had youngsters before, I just thought I wanted something that didn't need any work but my heart has far more influence than my head :D

So introducing....Enys (or Caherbanna Bertie). He is an ISH, 15.2 by Shian Moon out of Caherbanna Rosie (I know very little about either). He was broken in probably during the summer. He has done a bit of jumping etc and is was such a poppet over a fence when I tried him out.

We did start off our new ownership very badly. I won't post the full story here as this is supposed to be a happy thread. We went to pick him up Saturday and a horrific turn of events, he ended up at the vets (noones fault just an accident).

But with a few cuts and bruises he was delivered home on Tuesday. He is a beautiful boy and I hope he isn't too shaken up by the previous events. I just can't wait to start riding him.

So anyway the bit everyone wants...the pictures:

Enys_DSC04564.jpg

Enys_DSC04575.jpg

Saying hello to my mums horse and my retired mare:
Enys_DSC04588.jpg

Miska thinks she has found a new toy boy!!! (twenty years between them!)
Enys_DSC04592.jpg

Enys_DSC04667.jpg

Enys_DSC04673.jpg

Enys_DSC04736.jpg

Enys_DSC04734.jpg

I hope to do a bit of everything with him :D. I am used to arabs and pbas...so he is very different to anything I have had before. I hope to have lots of fun with him :D

Charla

Visit site
He looks gorgeous! I love dark greys like him! I'm sure you'll have loads of fun :)

Sounds very similar to what I did! After being used to Arabs and PBAs all my life, when I started looking for my first horse to buy I was after a broken but green PBA. All plans fell through when I saw my boy. A 2 and a half year old, unhandled British Warmblood gelding. Wouldn't change him for the world now though :)

cobgirlie

Visit site
Beautiful!!!!!! Looks very similar to a friends Irish boy who she got last year, he's turned out to be a star!!! I bought both my lads from dealers in Ireland and shipped them over, both are fabulous and perfect so I'm sure your boy will be too!! Wish you loads of fun times ahead and look forward to ridden piccys.

Kenzo

Visit site
O H M Y GORRRD!!

*jumps around in excitement*

...don't worry some the old regulars on here will understand! :rolleyes:

Love him.

It's a mini Mr M :D

Kenzo

Visit site
snap :D...well kinda, there's a few others on here with similar ones, Steph (can't remember her full user name) but she also has a lovely steel grey IDxTB (I think) which I also adore.

Mackinthesnow-1.jpg

Your lad has a much kinder eye and a more gentle looking face...and two white socks rather than one but you get the idea.:D

miskettie

Visit site
Thank you everyone for your lovely comments.

Kenzo - Oh yes very similar! It took awhile to understand your first post then :D. I hope Enys stays as dark but I am told he will go lighter.

-

I didn't buy directly from Ireland, he came from a dealer but I think he hasn't been in England that long. My mums horse is an ISH, though quite different (the bay in the picture). She is just so calm but forward going, that I decided I wanted an ISH too. I wish he had a few more years under his belt but then I wouldn't have been able to afford him if he had.

I keep expecting him to do something really stupid but he seems pretty placid, except for being a little bit playful with his mouth.

I am a little bit nervous as he is so much bigger than anything i've had before. My mare was 14.2, light weight pba! I am sure I will get used to him soon...the chunky monkey!

Kenzo

Visit site
Miskettie - that's interesting as my lad's sire is also a coloured (skewbald but DWB) although I don't have papers for him so can't be 100% on proof of parentage but obvioulsy this is what I was told by the breeder so not disputing it.

I've had my lad since hew as 2 nearly 3, he's lightened up in the face but no difference in the body (everyone said he'd grey out more) but he's still quite dark although his mane and tail is completely silver now..which I love!

Someone actually thought I'd got a new horse when they saw me out on him a few weeks back, they thought he'd got darker (despite his winter coat).

Look forward to hearing all about him and make sure you post plenty of photos too!

AfricanBeauty

Visit site
Wow he is gorgeous. I bet you will have loads of fun getting to know him and learning what he really enjoys. Hope he has recovered from his scrapes etc and that he is settling into his new home well. Looks like he has already caught the eye of the girls - not that I blame them ;-)
Keep us updated on his progress, look forward to more photos.

steph21

Visit site
O H M Y GORRRRD!!! EXACTLY!!

He is beautiful, love him, love him love him!!!

And yes Kenso they are al really similar!

They can be triplets! Heres my girl ISH by Clover Echo, this is the closest pic that similar!
IMG_2203-1.jpg

scarymare

Visit site
Really nice, big, genuine looking horse - oozes generosity - same face as mine and if has same temprement too then you're onto a winner here.

3DE

Visit site
Don't hate me here but as someone with a bit of experience with youngsters I'd say he doesn't look 5 :( More like a 3yo :(

I do think he is lovely though!!! And I hope I'm wrong...

Edit - the reasons I think this is that he doesn't have any depth of girth (something seen with 3yo and under) and he is also very bum high (but not looking like a jumpers bump type). He has quite an immature frame IMO. Please get him checked out and prove me wrong. (I really want to be wrong here)

Last edited:

galaxy

Visit site
He looks lovely!

I bought my mare from the same place in Oct and she has been fab! 100% as described down the the tiniest detail! Sure your boy will be everything you want and more! :)

miskettie

Visit site
No worries, 3DE - He has a genuine passport with his breeding recorded that says he's 5 and a half...with birthdate, markings recorded etc. The passport was registered with his breeder. Also I had a 5* vetting and my vet checked his teeth.

He did have alot better condition last week, but due the ordeal I mentioned )really was a life or death moment), so he has lost weight since then.

Here is a picture of him two weeks ago:

small.jpg

A bit more level on that pic. He was bought from a reputable dealer.

Galaxy23 - it was thanks to you and the others on that 'searching' thread that I found him. Ok heart completley overruled the head but will have to wait and see which one was right :)

galaxy

Visit site
No worries, 3DE - He has a genuine passport with his breeding recorded that says he's 5 and a half...with birthdate, markings recorded etc. The passport was registered with his breeder. Also I had a 5* vetting and my vet checked his teeth.

He did have alot better condition last week, but due the ordeal I mentioned )really was a life or death moment), so he has lost weight since then.

Here is a picture of him two weeks ago:

small.jpg

A bit more level on that pic. He was bought from a reputable dealer.

Galaxy23 - it was thanks to you and the others on that 'searching' thread that I found him. Ok heart completley overruled the head but will have to wait and see which one was right :)

:):):)

I can just see Hugo's head in that picture.... He was the other one I went to see. I thought he was brilliant (just didn't have quite such good paces for dressage that mine does). Can't believe he's still there!

miskettie

Visit site
I can just see Hugo's head in that picture.... He was the other one I went to see. I thought he was brilliant (just didn't have quite such good paces for dressage that mine does). Can't believe he's still there!

When I took Enys out for a hack, the second time I went to see him, it was Hugo that we rode out with. He was a gorgeous boy, nicely put together but a bit big for me!

Steph21 - Your girl is beautiful! Very like Enys.