Introducing new horses

zoesophie

Visit site
Is it normally the done thing to let everyone know when a new horse is being intrduced into your field and the horses havent been out together before?

Box_Of_Frogs

Visit site
As AmyMay says, I sure hope so! My friend took her horse to a new yard where they didn't have a proper system for introducing new horses. She put her horse in with a mixed sex, estbalished herd and to cut a long story short, he ended up being chased into a bogggy area right up to his chest (yeah, I know, wtf are horses being grazed in fields where they can sink up to their chests????). Get it wrong and at best people can end up with cuts and grazes and bumps and vets bills. At worst...well..........

Reading between the lines, you've just experienced this Dublin Bay?

zoesophie

Visit site
Hmm well lets just say yes I experienced this recently
mad.gif

New horse was turned out all booted up without anyone in our normal field of 3 being told!! Cue me being very
mad.gif
and had it out with them this morning.

They said its ok coz they have met over the fence
mad.gif
erm no........I would have like to have been told so I could have booted my chap up and actually be there when they met - some owners are fcuking stupid
mad.gif
mad.gif

zoesophie

Visit site
You'd think so but knowing them probably not
smirk.gif
Some people just dont use common sense. They wouldnt have liked it if Id have put my horse in their field without telling then ay!