Introducing...

pookie

Visit site
Millie (or Milliebum) :D

I certainly won't be using THAT transporter again. She was picked up at 06:30 and FINALLY got to me at 16:45. I'd paid for an individual load so imagine my 'surprise' (insert expletives of your choice to convey my true sentiments) when she turned up not 4 or 5 hours as she should've but 10 hours later and in a large box with multiple other horses :mad: Oh, and the job had been subcontracted to another transporter without me knowing anything about it...and of course I didn't have the driver's number until he bothered to call me at 2pm to explain he'd been a bit delayed by picking up horses who were difficult to load. Erm...excuse me?

Anyway, angry as I am she is finally here :D

4 year old Clydesdale x :D Better pics tomorrow, promise.

01-07_4.jpg

pookie

Visit site
Thanks everyone :D I'm very proud of how she handled it all, considering the journey. Stoopid box driver parked in such a way I had to walk her between the back of the box and a car, and though she stood and had a sniff with head high she then followed me quite well between the two and half walked/half trotted to her new paddock.

She had a brief drink, went to check out the horses in the next paddock, then promptly turned her back on them and started grazing :D I'm reliably informed she's been grooming one of the other mares over the fence tonight :D

Ashleigh_

Visit site
Thanks everyone :D I'm very proud of how she handled it all, considering the journey. Stoopid box driver parked in such a way I had to walk her between the back of the box and a car, and though she stood and had a sniff with head high she then followed me quite well between the two and half walked/half trotted to her new paddock.

She had a brief drink, went to check out the horses in the next paddock, then promptly turned her back on them and started grazing :D I'm reliably informed she's been grooming one of the other mares over the fence tonight :D

Ahh what a cutie! I hope she settles into her new routine well and is obviously making friends quickly :) Have a great time with her this summer!

pookie

Visit site
She looks lovely!

Awful about the transporter though, I hope you rang them and raised hell/got a partial refund.

I've yet to contact them. I'm under no illusions I'll get any money back, and I know horses are transported for longer than she was, but I'm still fuming