Introducing....

LittleRooketRider

Visit site
Hello again all, long time no type....

Thought I'd better introduce my new girl..... Firstly if somebody could work out how her breeders had a mare called Seahorse (by Environment Friend), put her to a stallion called Solitaire & duly named the resulting foal Vodka Shot I will be very impressed, I am mystified! Anyhoot, she is known as Boozie. 16'1, 9yo, bay mare. Has previously evented at BE Novice level by a french pro, then dropped from eventing & did a season with the Beaufort, & last season hunting here there & everywhere in the south west.
Following a resounding confirmation that 18months of perseverance (mostly just to get in & stay in the ring with my previous horse) I was looking for somebody experienced enough & kind enough to get me going confidently again & ultimately having fun eventing, hunting & whatever madcap activity I decided to have a crack at. Step forth Boozie.

Its not been easy, but we are getting there. Over the summer she has blossomed from a soft, unfit, hunter we viewed & fell in love with in the rain. We're getting there with the dressage i.e. I'm learning to work with a horse that is quite frankly to ig for me, but knows the moves if only i can work out how to convince her its worth doing. I adore jumping her- did a bit of hedgehopping schooling yesterday...WOW! We have a long way to go, many things to work out & fine tune, but for the first time in a long time I feel I'm on a horse I can build a partnership with & focus on developing us as that ... rather than how long will I stay on this time?!

Asides from our eventing aims, w've taken up side saddle (uni fund gone!) I love it & had a ball this summer at the national side saddle show. Going autumn hunting this saturday sideways for the first time, will hopefully manage to hunt sideways regularly if all goes to plan & the ultimate aim is the Dianas of the Chase (hopefully they will set it in the new year to give us extra prep time)

sSo yeah an all-round positive post from me. We've had tricky moments & Im sure we'll have many more to work through, but Im loving every minute right down to the basic act of simply being able to go for a hack without a drama.

Apologies for essay, ginger nut & tea anyone?

PS. Anybody else doing Bricky BE, be lovely to keep an eye out for fellow HHOers? We'll be having a crack at the BE100open. :)

LRR

Bernster

Visit site
Oh fantastic, sounds like you are off and running. Lots of fun things there. But, yeah, where are the pics - I feel cheated! ��

Llee94

Visit site
She sounds lovely.
I am at Bricky BE on the Saturday doing the Novice for my last one of the season. Fingers crossed it goes better than Pontispool!!

rosiesowner

Visit site
Congratulations!! It's the best feeling ever to find a horse you feel you can really become a team with and achieve what you've wanted! I felt the same way when I found my girl and next month will be my first ever BE-a goal of mine since I was tiny. I would love to try side saddle-you are braver than I!!!! Again congrats but I must add myself to the gaggle of folks begging for photos :)