Invisible flash what are they?

isilme

Visit site
Hello
I was askes by a client if i could make an invisible flash on the bridle she is ordering.
I said probably but what is it? Ive asked for a picture/s.
She is a novice and has to have the latest things on her daughters ponies! I was thinking it could be
A. A caverson that the loop is hidden or easily remover but looks part of the noseband when in use a bit like a flash loop but looks like its part of the caverson when on unlike the basic loops.
B. Is she talking about the more modern flash nosebands as in more anatomical or ergonomically designed flash nosebands?

Ive been out of the loop for a while after covid nearly killed me but I'm sure i wasn't out of it for that long that ive completely missed a new thing. I could have with the advancements in the horse world being so rapped so any help on what she is talking about would be brilliant.
Thank you for reading ?

isilme

Visit site
Oh cool thanks will look at that now. I googled it and it just gave me flash nosebands. I knew someone on here would know and i think i know from your comment about rubbing what it might be.
Thank you x

isilme

Visit site
Only me again @Meredith but thats what i was thinking she might mean and i thought the same as you about rubbing. Seems a bit silly to try and hide the smallest part when you are actually using a flash surely the flash strap itself is a big give away you have one on lol ??‍♀️??‍♀️??‍♀️

blodwyn1

Visit site
I think it's designed so if you remove the flash strap the Cavesson doesn't have a loop hanging down. Presumably so you can use the same noseband for showing.

Last edited:

Widgeon

Visit site
Please excuse a possible thicko question but what do these designs offer that a standard removable flash attachment (like this one below) doesn't? I would've thought that the detachable option is less likely to rub as you can completely remove the flash strap and connector when it's not in use. Is it just aesthetics?

https://equineessentialsdirect.co.uk/rhinegold-bridle-with-detachable-flash-noseband/

Sorry OP, this is not relevant to your question because it's not what your customer asked for.

isilme

Visit site
Please excuse a possible thicko question but what do these designs offer that a standard removable flash attachment (like this one below) doesn't? I would've thought that the detachable option is less likely to rub as you can completely remove the flash strap and connector when it's not in use. Is it just aesthetics?

https://equineessentialsdirect.co.uk/rhinegold-bridle-with-detachable-flash-noseband/

Sorry OP, this is not relevant to your question because it's not what your customer asked for.

There are no silly questions x
The newer styles are meant to release pressure from nerves and other sensitive areas of the horses head. The one you showed is like ones ive used before and can add a little extra pressure or discomfort just due to the extra bult over the nose bone. I have seen some go through between the padding and the nose band and can be removed for use as a caverson without a loop being left which is probably the best one in my opinion, other then just having 2 nosebands.
One of the designs is the older style but the loop is behind the noseband including padding, so if you can imagine a normal flash with attachment of any sort being under the main body of the nose band this would cause a lump and uneven pressure onto the nose bone of the horse as a flash has to be fitted with the caverson part much tighter then a normal caverson, i would imagine this could actually be very uncomfortable for the horse. Even then the flash strap is removed the loop is still sat under the noseband.

I hope that helps and maybe makes some sense in not always the best at explaining thing, my brain knows but does not always come out in a way others can understand! Lol ???‍♀️

I do think she has just heard the word and now has to have one as its the thing to have! Example i found the first pony for her it was snaffle mouth brilliant kick along nervous kids pony, last time out its got a wilki in and a martingale because they are popular at pc! And the kick along perfect pony has been sidelined for a jumping pony because the kick along is not going into canter easily, but the kid is scared stiff of the new one and my suggestion of maybe putting first pony on the lunge and do some work fell on deaf ears, oh and it got sent away to be schooled by someone who does other peoples ponies in the club. She came back very sore bless her. Ive taken a step back with helping now just keeping it professional just feel for the kid and the ponies typical mum living her dream though her kid! Sorry went off on one just wanted to explain what im up against lol