iPhone 6 won't fit!

Emmahi

Visit site
Have just been given an iphone 6, wonderful, but doesn't fit in my jodhpur pockets! Today had to wear a body warmer (far too hot) just to put it in the pocket. Anyone found a clever gadget/ garment that will help. Was thinking of something that could fit on saddle?
Thanks in advance :)

hollyandivy123

Visit site
unless you can teach your pone to phone home, if you attach it to the saddle its a bit depressing watching it canter off into the distance when you are dumped on a ride ;)

Emmahi

Visit site
Ah good point!! Sports arm thing sounds a good idea, although my daughter will probably say it looks ridiculous!

Highlands

Visit site
Friend who is pathologist told me not to ride with iPhone due to glass and proximity to my hip artery ( so not medical is it my jagular?)

DirectorFury

Visit site
I'm having the same problem - mine fits in my Cavallos (wedged in sideways) and Kingslands but none of my other breeches.

I've been stashing my iPhone in my sports bra on long hacks and it stays put even when we're galloping :).

FfionWinnie

Visit site
Bra is a bad idea if you have a Touch ID one as it tries to sign in repetely lol.

I have a little belt thing with just enough room for the phone so it's not cumbersome.

Suby2

Visit site
I have a hi-viz waistcoat with a zip pocket which is a generous size (only have an iPhone4 so can't be sure an iPhone6 will fit). I once carried a mobile in a bum bag but fell off and landed on it, which hurt - a lot!!

MTBTLT

Visit site
I have a hi-viz waistcoat with a zip pocket which is a generous size (only have an iPhone4 so can't be sure an iPhone6 will fit). I once carried a mobile in a bum bag but fell off and landed on it, which hurt - a lot!!

I have a lightweight hi-viz waistcoat with zip pockets that my iphone 6 fits perfectly in. Kills 2 birds with 1 stone :)

DirectorFury

Visit site
Bra is a bad idea if you have a Touch ID one as it tries to sign in repetely lol.

I have a little belt thing with just enough room for the phone so it's not cumbersome.

It's fine if you put it so the screen is facing 'out' rather than against your chest. I'm not massively well-endowed though so YMMV depending on norkage!

Feathered

Visit site
I've got a running belt or SPI belt from Sports direct, its like a bum bag but its thin like a belt when theres nothing in it and it just expands around whatever you put in it so it bounces around less than a normal bum bag and also looks slightly better!

LibbyL

Visit site
Down your boots? Like on the side of your shin. Has worked perfectly with thick Mark Todd boots and Ariat Bromonts x

MagicMelon

Visit site
I just slip mine down the outer side of my Dubarry's when I ride... but then they're slack enough to be able to do that. If I couldn't then I do have a Nike armband type one I use for running - you could get one of those? It's neoprene with a see through front to it which keeps the touch screen which is handy for using an app if you log your ride etc.

Emmahi

Visit site
Right, thank you for all the suggestions- I'm off to sports direct to buy a running belt! :)
Although now the weather will break and being too hot in a coat will be a mere dream!

Last edited:

njyr

Visit site
another vote for down the boots although be careful if your horse hasn't been clipped before, the phone is on vibrate and someone rings....!

Illusion100

Visit site
another vote for down the boots although be careful if your horse hasn't been clipped before, the phone is on vibrate and someone rings....!

Hahaha! I decided to lean over my youngster in the field last winter while he was munching haylage, my phone was in my inside coat pocket and of course someone had to decide to ring me at that exact moment. Phone started vibrating and my horses reaction was priceless! He went stock still, spat out his haylage and turned his head to look at me as if to say 'W....T.....F was THAT?' :D