Irish Draught Sport horse

JanetGeorge

www.horseandhound.co.uk
Hi,

Numpty question really as I'm not sure.... Is there such a thing as an IDSH grading? eg Is it possible I could get my 2year old graded?

Mini Jammie Dodgers on offer... :D xx

Well timed question!:D At present, only IDSH stallions are graded but IDHS(GB) Trustees will be meeting next week in a dedicated all day meeting aimed at updating and improving our SHR. At present, horses with 25% verified RID blood are accepted onto the register with no grading required. It obviously isn't possible to take a horse's status away after the fact, but current ideas include having an 'Elite' section - possibly divided for those who have FULLY verified breeding and those who don't have FULL pedigree - but can achieve acceptable marks at grading. It's unlikely that this work will be completed in time to offer mare gradings this year, but I am VERY optimistic that we can do so next year.

nikki_07766

Visit site

nagsinrags

Visit site
Hi

In reply to the thread regarding the sports horse register, if you ring IDHS GB they can give you some more information, I currently have a colt who's grandfather is Flagmount Diamond, we are wanting to breed from him, I was told that he would be eligible for grading.

Thanks

JanetGeorge

www.horseandhound.co.uk
This is my little filly's pedigree, i don't have a clue how to work out % but your have an idea!.

http://www.sporthorse-data.com/d?z=Upqmgz&d=OFS+pride+of+amor&x=13&y=18

Nice mare - and a very nice foal! She falls only a smidgeon short of enough ID blood to go on the Grading up register (so her foals by a Class 1 or 2 ID stallion would be eligible Class 1.)

But she would certainly be a very suitable candidate for grading as an IDSH mare. I love seeing other people's Archie foals - he really does stamp his stock nicely! I've never seen a bad foal by him!

JanetGeorge

www.horseandhound.co.uk
Hi

In reply to the thread regarding the sports horse register, if you ring IDHS GB they can give you some more information, I currently have a colt who's grandfather is Flagmount Diamond, we are wanting to breed from him, I was told that he would be eligible for grading.

25% RID parentage - which your chap has - is sufficient for registration - and stallion grading - under the current rules. Is the rest of his pedigree verifiable as this MIGHT be one of the changes to be made for next year.

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Is Alice eligible for grading ? By Archie out of a bog trotter with lots of ID in her but no papers sadly.
Leoretirestoday772012018.jpg

bumblebee_

Visit site
:D Awesome Janet... Mine is by the ever beautiful Chester aka Hillviewfarm Trevelyan and she is out of my cob mare of unknown breeding.

I would LOVE to get her graded! :D

Here is a piccy of her recently alothough it doesnt do her justice!! its the only one i can find on this computer...

Whizz9612.jpg

JanetGeorge

www.horseandhound.co.uk
Is Alice eligible for grading ? By Archie out of a bog trotter with lots of ID in her but no papers sadly.

It's too early to say what the rules will be for grading. The lovely Alice is a verifiable 50% RID breeding so is definitely a Grade 1 IDSH filly! Rules can't be changed retrospectively - and I THINK any Grade 1 filly will be eligible for grading. There MAY be a new 'top tier' for mares (and stallions) with fully verifiable breeding who pass inspection - it's all up for discussion and decisions.

Rollin

Visit site
I was going to start another thread but will ask here, someone may know.

A friend has a filly out of Foxtail Lilly, who is 50% ID. She spent three years in France where the filly was born. The sire is a Trakehner, the sad thing is her French registration is Origin Unknown, which means she can only compete in Western Riding or Le Trec in France.

I am trying to help my friend. Does anyone know where Foxtail Lilly is now?

JanetGeorge

www.horseandhound.co.uk
A friend has a filly out of Foxtail Lilly, who is 50% ID. She spent three years in France where the filly was born. The sire is a Trakehner, the sad thing is her French registration is Origin Unknown, which means she can only compete in Western Riding or Le Trec in France.

I am trying to help my friend. Does anyone know where Foxtail Lilly is now?

There is a Foxtail Lily on the ID SHR - born in 1987, bred by Mrs. Denny (who now lives abroad and out of IDs). On the database, the owner of Foxtail Lily is a Mrs A J Barton - but of course the mare may be deceased now. She was by Rathdowney Fern RID. Can't find any more on Mrs Barton - she's no longer a member of the Society.

Only one foal is registered on the database - a chestnut filly called Henrietta.

Foxtail Lily would NOT have been DNA-typed. And it's probably unlikely that Rathdowney Fern was - his last foals were registered in 1996 which I think was before DNA testing became compulsory. IF he was DNA tested - and IF they can pick up his DNA against hers, then she would be eligible to be registered as an ID SH here - whether that would help in France I don't know!

Rollin

Visit site
Thank you Janet, that is the mare. She has a SIRE number in France (NED equivalent). My friend has a covering certificate for the TRK stallion but it does not look complete. Hence the search for the owner.

I will ask National Stud for her, it would be great if the filly who has just been backed could be registered as a Cheval de Sport as she could do much more with her.

JanetGeorge

www.horseandhound.co.uk
Do you know if my filly would be eligible for the IDSH grading if it happened next year?

Well - obviously I can't give cast iron guarantees - I am only one Trustee of IDHS(GB) and others may well have different views. But what I think - and what I'll be arguing very strongly in favour of - is that ALL mares currently eligible for the SHR should be able to be graded - and that certainly includes your very nice filly!

There MAY be an 'Elite' classification added for mares with totally verified breeding - but I would be totally opposed to any grading regime that excluded mares currently eligible for the SHR!!

dianchi

Visit site
Having dealt with British ID society and it's treatment of current RID stallions I'm not holding my breath and knowing my luck Mine won't be elligle on the stupid class1/RID stallion argument!

Oddly BEF don't have any issues and she is allowed into futurity!

JanetGeorge

www.horseandhound.co.uk
Having dealt with British ID society and it's treatment of current RID stallions I'm not holding my breath and knowing my luck Mine won't be elligle on the stupid class1/RID stallion argument!

Oddly BEF don't have any issues and she is allowed into futurity!

The 'rules' for RID stallions are dictated by the studbook of origin in Ireland - and the rules for sport horses are being revised so you might get lucky! who is the sire of your youngster?

dianchi

Visit site
Same as adorable Alice! I've got a Archie baby

So we'll wait and see if we're allowed as I said not holding my breath

JanetGeorge

www.horseandhound.co.uk
Same as adorable Alice! I've got a Archie baby

So we'll wait and see if we're allowed as I said not holding my breath

Lucky you - Archie babies are LUSH (I should know - I have lots of them!:D) And of COURSE she is eligible for registration as an ID SH under current rules - and if what I expect to happen happens - she will also be eligible for grading.

The only ? might be over an 'Elite' category (if that happens) IF you don't know the dam's breeding! But she'll still be a Grade 1 SH!

And anyone who does have Archie babies, be assured - he is FULLY 100% RID and his pure-bred progeny ARE eligible Class 1 on inspection. And his SH progeny are eligible for Grade 1 SHR.

There has been a lot of gossip and misinformation around the new HSI rules - ignore it - and get the facts from someone who actually KNOWS!

JanetGeorge

www.horseandhound.co.uk
Hi, I realise this is an old thread, but I'm interested in how it all turned out. Apologies if it has been covered elsewhere! :)

Sadly, there has been no real progress on the ID SH grading subject - problems re pure-breds and the Grade-up register kept Trustees rather busy! HOPEFULLY, it will be sorted for next year!

Capriole

Visit site
The lovely Alice is a verifiable 50% RID breeding so is definitely a Grade 1 IDSH filly!

Oh? I've got a 2011 50% verifiable RID bred filly, and she is G2. Shame she wasn't born a year later then if that's how it's working now as I think she's nice, much nicer than my 2011 G1 filly imo, annoyingly.

Kallibear

Visit site
This is really interesting. Is it only entire and mares who can be graded? I don't know much about it.

I have an RID x TB 3yr and it'd be nice do something like have him graded.

He's by Eastern Hero ( a Huntingfield Rebel stallion) out of a Clerkenwells (Sadler Wells) mare. He's been DNA verified.

Radar Lugs

Visit site
Hi there, thought I would hijack this thread as well.

I have a 5 year old out of a RID stallion( Barracaberry Orbit) x British Warmblood mare.
I am so confused about what exactly he is classed as. He has a green ID society passport for what that's worth. Any ideas?