Irish draughts - what do you do with yours and pics please :)

ritajennings

Visit site
Here are my two pure bred mares
Gracie
Three_Counties_0330_258.jpg

and Gloria
Three_Counties_04-55_217.jpg

Both are by Snowford Bellman RID ex Winmaur Bright Alice RID by Banks Fee Daniel RID :)

ritajennings

Visit site
Thank you both very much :) forgot to mention I show my draughts in hand and Gloria also under saddle.
Jen did not think I could mention the A word on H&H forum but risking being burn in hell until eternity here goes
Archie, Gracie's son by Crosstown Dancer RID shown in hand, under saddle, jumped, hunted and now competing Affiliated dressage :)
SSSA6538.jpg

Hell here I come ;)

clairew

Visit site
Thank you both very much :) forgot to mention I show my draughts in hand and Gloria also under saddle.
Jen did not think I could mention the A word on H&H forum but risking being burn in hell until eternity here goes
Archie, Gracie's son by Crosstown Dancer RID shown in hand, under saddle, jumped, hunted and now competing Affiliated dressage :)
SSSA6538.jpg

Hell here I come ;)

See my post in Breeding, Archie has been very highly spoken of!! I'm going to print your picture of Archie off for a poster for Millies stable to 'get her in the mood'...:p;):D

AdorableAlice

Visit site
What a stunning picture of Archie, handsome boyo !

Rita, if you are going somewhere hot who is going to look after Mr Handsome ?

I can send a lorry for him and hide him away with me in the depths of rural middle England, you know who would be very excited to see him in the flesh, she only saw a picture and a turkey baster last time !!!

Noddy can come too, he can baby sit AA, he would need the patience of a saint and a sense of humour you know what toddlers are like !

ritajennings

Visit site
Have you any idea how much hay that big bay horse eats Ann? you would soon sent him back but if he goes missing I know where to look. You can always stay here and look after him :) I don't think Duchess would be safe once he saw her lovely big round bum!

dollymix

Visit site
Already posted on here about my 5yr old ID Dulcie...we have now been to our first XC session so I can add that to her list of many talents :)

DSC_0101.jpg

DSC_0116.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0094.jpg

Visit site
This is my now 3 year old, and as a foal. He is a full Irish Draught by Crosstown Dancer.

OSCAR2-1.jpg

Oscar2.jpg

IMAG0449.jpg

This was his first ever loose jump over a pole, pic is a bit small for some reason.

Osc.png

This is my other full ID, he is by Duleek Hero, this pic is of him just getting into training.

20032011055.jpg

Tonibird83

Visit site
What beautiful pictures of your horses, absolutely stunning!

I've had 2 ID x TBs now, both completely opposites of each other! The chestnut threw more to the TB and basically acted like one apart from having much bigger feet and joints and the bay was absolutely stunning and could really jump! He had much more substance about him and a roman nose.

I was free jumping him in the school and he decided I was taking the mick with the warm up jumps so jumped out of he school over the post and rail and over the 5 bar gate into the 10 acre field and buggared off! He came back 2 minutes later, worrying that he would miss his tea!

He also once jumped out of the field and joined the hunt which I take as his protest that I am a scaredy cat and daren't take him!

I would def love another - both these boys are now gone :(

The only thing stopping me is the cost You get what you pay for and I have 2 young children and a Masters course to fund for now so am having to make do with riding my friend's cob - no complaining with this though!!!

NU ABO

Visit site
I have a 15.1 ID x Conn and he is an absolute star in every way. Cheeky as anything, but lovely all the same.

He does a bit of everything, but his favourite is jumping. Sometimes he does get a bit TOO excited by jumping :rolleyes:
He hold himself beautifully for dressage work though (or so my instructor told me), hopefully that'll show through as we have our first Dressage comp next month!

DSCF1283.jpg

Resized-10.jpg

DSC00584.jpg

Look at that pretty face! :p

guido16

Visit site
Nothing better than a draught. I have one and planning on selling my tb to get another! My step hobbits who are under 10 ride my girl and she is wonderful with them. Would never walk passed a draught.

lainy

Visit site
I have just come back to my first love after a good few years.......yesterday took delivery of my very gangly full ID yearling filly. Very beautiful girlie, but so far in my eyes only.....my other halfs very tactful offering was.....mmmhhh funny looking at that age arent they.....and in the field the obvious opinion of my daughters coloured cob lady and my part bred highland was....you have to be kidding surely????? a baby giraffe????????