Irish Horse Imports

nuttychestnut

Visit site
Hi,

Just looking to speak to anyone who has been to their yard this year. I went a few years back and I am happy to admit that I didn't feel confident enough to be able to purchase the green youngsters that they had for sale. Very lovely but I would have ruined them!!

I noticed on their website that they seem to have a few more that have seen a bit of life, just I don't waste my time or theirs, are they now starting to produce them a little be more?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

charlie76

Visit site
I am round the corner. They have some very nice young horses that will have done a bit more but will still be a little green so not for a novice . not saying you are a novice by the way. The ads on the website are a bit out of date I think. Better to look on their Facebook page.

Last edited:

nuttychestnut

Visit site
Hi, thanks for the reply. Oh I am not offend about being called a novice. Happy with a sensible green horse, but I just don't want to be the first person to show them traffic and a fence. Happy to school etc, just last time I went (2 -3 years ago) they had a lot of just backed horses, that they couldn't give any history about.

crabbymare

Visit site
I would think at this time of year they would start having hunter types in so they would probably have done a bit more than the ones that come across in summer

nuttychestnut

Visit site
Thanks! Just need to see if my offer gets accepted on a lovely gelding, I doubt it will as it's an extremely cheeky offer! If they decline I will be going to IHI to see the new shipment

Tiarella

www.myspace.com
They're getting their next 'batch' in next week. (Hate that term!)

I went there July/August time to have a look. I've never been to anything quite like it. Saw a sweet mare I had a sit on after getting told 2 separate stories about her, liked her but not enough to spend money on her. I found the majority are terrified, will not let you really touch them in the stable and I only saw 1 that wasn't actually noticeably lame. I would 100% have my own separate vetting and don't believe anything at all :)

They only let you ride them for about 5/10 mins. A few people whilst I was there came in lorries and pointed at horses over the stable door, loaded them and off they went.

It's not for the faint hearted, or someone that doesn't 110% know what they're doing.

ihatework

Visit site
I don't think the horses change throughout the year. They are young green and rough. You won't get hand holding or a useful trial facility. You really need to know what you are doing if you buy from there.