Irish sport horse dealers - recommendations

junglefairy

Visit site
I'm looking to buy a 4-6 year old sport horse/Connemara/PBA type (basically a nice allround riding horse) and it seems like you can get a lot more for your money buying from Ireland. So I was thinking about popping over for a few days and visiting some dealers. Can anyone recommend any dealers, and any advice/experiences you can share?

Thanks

sportsmansB

Visit site
You definitely can get more for your money in Ireland especially with the euro rates at the moment. There are several good facebook groups of horses for sale, and lots and lots on www.donedeal.ie - check it out first to get an idea of what is out there and at what price?. It is cheap to get over on the plane and not too expensive to get a horse back to England (apprx £200-300).
If you are looking for an all rounder consider contacting a few of the more professional looking yards as they will be well produced and maybe the ones which won't do the pro's job would do yours...

casspow

Visit site
Not very helpful but I know of a reputable seller over here in the U.K... Mark Allman sells a lot of the Irish beasties, Based in Staffordshire I think?

pinkypug1

Visit site
You will def get a lot more for your money over here. Dealers on mainland UK seem to transport over horses and the minute their hooves hit English soil they bump the price by at the very least 1k. I can't quite believe some of the prices I see for basic riding club horses on H&H