Irish Sports Horse

Oaksflight

Visit site
DSC01362.jpg

DSC01373.jpg

Parkranger

Visit site
Thanks! I've just received information that the dealer that imported Ty imports alot of Irish Sports Horses and that Ty may be one....he's more TB looking so I'm not sure.

Probably shouldn't get hung up on his history but it would be nice to know.

He's a gorgeous looking beast - is that Hal? x

Oaksflight

Visit site
It certainly is! He's a bit of a chunky monkey though I must admit, a lot of people tend to think he's nearly pure ID, but according to his passport he is ISH! Lets see a photo of Ty?

Parkranger

Visit site
Really? I'm starting to think he is then. His passport calls him a TB X but those things are pretty vague and I thought he was full TB without papers.....maybe not!

He's certainly got a very chilled persona - not what I'd expect from a full TB!

Oaksflight

Visit site
Oh he's a stunner. I'd say from his shoulder and legs ISH does spring to mind, but hard to tell as he lacks a lot of muscle etc on his bum. Just an excuse to fill the photo gallery with more photos of him though
wink.gif
grin.gif

Madam_max

Visit site
I think they vary so much anyway obviously, depending on the amount of TB in them. Corroy's dad is 1/2 and 1/2, I don't know about her mum as it's not on her passport, but her breeder told me she was CB x TB
confused.gif

Lucy_Ally

Visit site
Spring is sports horse registered but is 1/4 irish, 1/4 welsh D and 1/2 TB. So not technically ISH! Although she looks more ID than anything else.

Springjune06020.jpg

Parkranger

Visit site
Bit of a minefield isn't it? Probably never know but I do know he's bloody quick in a gallop (more so than my old Arab!) and seems to love jumping.....

katelarge

Visit site
I'd say if there is any ID in Ty, it's way back. Legs are a good indicator: IDs have a short cannon bone and this can often pass on in the Sports Horse cross. ID breed standard says "the knee large and generous, set near the ground; the cannon bone straight and short." Look at the pic of Hal above - his are a wonderful example. I suppose with all crosses, they can vary - Hal is not pure ID but really looks it, others seem to be quite TB-y! Perhaps Ty is an Irish TB?

Hal is yummy BTW!

Oaksflight

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I'd say if there is any ID in Ty, it's way back. Legs are a good indicator: IDs have a short cannon bone and this can often pass on in the Sports Horse cross. ID breed standard says "the knee large and generous, set near the ground; the cannon bone straight and short." Look at the pic of Hal above - his are a wonderful example. I suppose with all crosses, they can vary - Hal is not pure ID but really looks it, others seem to be quite TB-y! Perhaps Ty is an Irish TB?

Hal is yummy BTW!

[/ QUOTE ]

Aww thank you
grin.gif
You can definately tell the ID through his legs, chunky (but not too) and thick round the knee, and despite not knowing his full breeding no-one would ever be able to disagree that he's got a lot of ID in him. He acts very ID too, incrediably laid-back. He's definately converted me!
grin.gif

EllieBeast

Visit site
i do love your horse Soph! looks like a male version of mine. i know she is ID cross, with some tb in her, but as you can see - the Irish really shouts at you!
Sarah xXx