Irish Sports Horse

EllieBeast

Visit site
lol, aw bless him! i do like the build, sturdy yet speedy (in ellies case certainly!!). she is pretty willing - especially when jumping, but that stems from her early education coming from the hunting field!
grin.gif
what do you do with Hal?
Sarah xXx

Oaksflight

Visit site
Well, we've finally just got back into jumping (we'd be no good at dressage, I just find it dull really, although doing a test at start of September), he was very nervous and would put in dirty stops, resulting in a few tumbles on my behalf. Just got my confidence back (with the help of tft) so have started tackling a bit of sj, having trouble getting over 3 foot though. Depending on results on Thurs (if I go to uni he'll be off out on full loan whilst I'm there), we'll be doing some hunting and team chasing through out the winter, then hopefully some BE intro next summer. Was planning to get an intro in this season, but due to his jumping issues, and him having a few injuries and ringworm has meant progress has taken longer than planned!
frown.gif
Oh, and we've been having a go at hunter classes, he's been WH champion many times in past, but he's v. strong at shows and we're a bit rusty, so only having one more go at Open WH and Open Hunters at end of September, armed with a stronger bit!!

EllieBeast

Visit site
aw, sorry to hear about the probs. i have sent for deferred entry this year - so will se how grades go but i am just playing around with Ellie for the next year she will be on full loan whilst i am at uni though
frown.gif

Sarah xXx

katelarge

Visit site
They are ALL lovely! Had always imagined myself attempting to look very accomplished on a purebred ID , but somehow ended up with a Appaloosa with more sense of humour than talent, bless him! At least all you lot are out there looking accomplished on ID types on my behalf!

Oaksflight

Visit site
Don't worry, that's him on a good day! We're getting there, but he does like to run round like a donkey with his head in the air. He's currently playing his chances at being "lame". Pfft. Jarred leg... yeah right!
grin.gif

Oaksflight

Visit site
I'm half hoping I don't get the grades so I have no choice but to wait a year. Don't know 100% that I do want to wait a year hence relying on results. Doubt parentals will be too keen at my reasoning for staying home for a year is Hal! We shall see though. x

EllieBeast

Visit site
lol, aww! well, i wasnt specifically looking for an id at the time. just something to hack about with and give me confidence. well, it turned out that jumping is her game, and so we have progessed together. i wouldent be without her. they have such a sence of humour, in fact this pic shows her personality pretty well - (please excuse the 'scared sh*tless look on my face!!)
bwfxcel.jpg

Sarah xXx

katelarge

Visit site
I will follow your progress with Hal with interest as mine has a nasty stop - boy does it teach you to sit up though! I was planning to re-start mine's SJing, with the help of the inestimable doublexxxscoop, but the flippin thing went down with laminitis! (luckily mild and caught early and ready to come off box rest soon). So Hal is being pretty considerate only coming up with the jarred leg thing - where the HECK did mine get the idea for laminitis from? Even the vet is at a loss! Perhaps he has a copy of "Expensive Horse Afflictions for Your Mum to Worry About" hidden in his bed somewhere... open at the "L" section...

katelarge

Visit site
Sorry, that pic is great: human terror and equine enthusiasm in total harmony! She is totally beautiful, you lucky thing!

EllieBeast

Visit site
thankyou very much! she is amazing, that pic was taken 2 strides before a 3ft palisade, can you tell she likes her jumping?! i will be in bits when i have to loan her out, i could never sell her though. i was actually really enjoying myself, but it never seems to show on pics, darn it
tongue.gif

Sarah xXx

Oaksflight

Visit site
Haha, I think he's plotting with my friend to scare me into that one next. When he came over lame (he's a bit podgy at the mo), friend said "What if he's got lamanitus?". Way to send me into a frenzy. Did the circle test and realised he def. didn't! Glad you caught yours early on. Admittedly, Hal will never be a sjer, I doubt we'd ever make it above 3 foot heights in a course. He does, however, love his XC. Obviously there's something more appealing about throwing himself over a solid fence, than a scary pole that knocks down! Certainly does teach you to sit up. Also no longer scared of falling off him! I fall off on average once a month, had this months fall already. Caught me unexpected! I do love him to bits though.
grin.gif
How's his lami going? Are you back on his back yet?

katelarge

Visit site
Nope, he is getting heart bars on Friday and then the vet will have a look a few days later and if all is well he can start walking out. I know frankly sod all about recovery after laminitis so I don't know if he can do short ridden walks right away or if he has to go in-hand only for some time first. I'd imagine as they do have more weight over their front feet that it will be in-hand for a while until muggins climbs back on. I would also prefer a period of in-hand work so that he can do all his "Yikes! I'm back out in the great world of outside! AAgh! A tree! AAAGH! A chicken! etc." without me on top!

Laafet

adventuresinblackandwhite.co.uk
here is mine ISH
dressage1.jpg
but unlike your lot he is arab x ID, which seemed a really popular cross when I was in Ireland but over here I have only ever seen one other in the UK.
dressage.jpg

and here on boxing day to show a standing one
DSCF0007-1.jpg

RachelB

Visit site
Here's my (apparently) ID X TB:

maiden2105200602.jpg

maiden0306200602.jpg

And the one in my sig.
Don't know her breeding. She is the laziest lump ever but is a total saint with nervous riders (unless Mummy is riding, then we go round the woods spooking at all the killer deer
smirk.gif
)
I knew I wanted a chunkier type, preferably ID X, and when I saw Maiden I just knew she was exactly my type!
smile.gif
love 'em!

helenandshadow

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Really? I'm starting to think he is then. His passport calls him a TB X but those things are pretty vague and I thought he was full TB without papers.....maybe not!

He's certainly got a very chilled persona - not what I'd expect from a full TB!

[/ QUOTE ]
He sounds exactly like the horse i have just got on loan, his passport just says tb x and bred in ireland, he looks like a tb but is calmer than the average tb!!

sorry not very good pics but this is him:
charlie1.jpg

charlie2.jpg

lunging.jpg

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
Please excuse the rubbishness of horse and rider........This was the first time I rode her when I got her home in May, she has improved dramaticly since then but haven't got any updated photos.
This is Missy, she's by Lord of the dance IV out of Wot-a-do

Camera044.jpg

Camera048.jpg

Camera049.jpg

Camera051.jpg

Camera052.jpg

Camera054.jpg

Camera056.jpg

Camera057.jpg

Camera060.jpg

Camera061.jpg

Parkranger

Visit site
He actually looks quite similar to Ty (well build wise).

I was looking at him from a distance today and notice that he has got that typical TB 'greyhound' look (lol very technical term) so who knows?

I swear he's got the biggest ears in the world too ! (Ty, not your horse!)

mrdarcy

www.rockcrunchers.co.uk
This is Bracken... my ISH

brackendressageskipton.jpg

No idea of his breeding - would love to know more. He's very unusual in colour being grey roan with a few white 'spots' on his body. Definitely more TB type than ID type but he has a lovely temperament and is ultra laid back.

Scarlett

Visit site
heres my lad - a little unsure exactly what he is - he was imported and sold as an ISH cross but with what we have no idea! He had ID legs and is pretty athletic for his size and build... currently standing at 15.2...

rensmall.jpg

renviewickle.jpg

Parkranger

Visit site
They're all so gorge!!!!!!

I want them all please.

Think I've found a breed to finally ween me off American Saddlebreds and Quarterhorses (yes GTS, never thought I'd say it!)