Irish TB's

malibu211211

How the hell do I know??? I can barely remember my
Visit site
HI,
My boy is not registered but on all the paper work that I do have of him it states Irish TB which came as a bit of a shock to me as I always thought he was ID x TB but apparently not
blush.gif
blush.gif

As for what they are like...... well mine is stubborn, quite lazy
confused.gif
but totally loveable and I would'nt be without him
grin.gif
grin.gif

Here he is......
100_0337.jpg

I don't know about anyone elses but my boy HATES his routine upset and gets very cross if things are changed in any way
confused.gif

S_N

Visit site
ND was tiny though - about 15.2hh!

Also, with TB's you have to consider the amount of inbreeding that goes on! Esp to the likes of ND!!

malibu211211

Visit site
I'd love to know who his Dam and Sire was but there is just no way of knowing
confused.gif

He was imported from Ireland at the age of 4/5 with the name of Gerry
grin.gif

I know what has happened for the past 5/6 years but thats it. Past owner will not contact owner who brought him over and will not give me the details
frown.gif

Do you know your Irish TB's past?

Parkranger

Visit site
Unfortunately not - all I know is he came from Ireland this year!

You can always summise but alot of people (inc. myself) think that he raced as a youngster but not sure what after that. He's had a bad fall on his shoulder which was probably the same time that he blinded himself (still got his eye but had a severe knock to the head at some time killing the nerves to the eye). All I know is that he's bloody quick (I nearly fell of backwards first time I galloped him!) and whenever we go for a gallop we get that nice little TB bunnyhop as I suppose he would in the stalls.

I'm at a loss after that as he doesn't seem to be the best equipped jumper (very green) and his schooling needs work (although he works very well off the leg) so who knows? When I first got him I was very keen to know but now I've chilled out about it a bit.

I must take some nice photos of him - only ones I have are from when I first brought him - he looked awful bless him! http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y4/badassdivano1/ will take some at the weekend and post them - my vet came out to sedate him to be be shod (bloody TB's!!) and she couldn't believe how much better he looked - makes the hard work worth it doesn't it?

I had exactly the same with Ty - the dealer's won't help me trace him back. I was told he was 12 when I brought him but the dentist think he's more like 8. I think I was told he was 12 as they knew I hadn't ridden for years. If I'm honest, if I'd have know he was 8 I may have been a little wary, but now I'm quite glad!

x

teapot

Visit site
I ride one a lot in lessons, called Will, think he's 15 now. Remember when he first came, and was rarely ever used in lessons - was rather sharp and couldn't use a stick. He was there for the more advanced adult riders for higher dressage and bigger jumping.

Sadly he's not as sharp as he once was but seems to thrive on the more work you give him, the better he goes. He went advanced eventing once or twice but just didn't have the confidence/bottle to make it properly at that level.

Can be a bit of a grumpy bugger, and if he knows he can take the mic he will. But when he goes well, he gives that satisfaction feeling
grin.gif

William

Will pinging with one of the kids

malibu211211

Visit site
He's lovely
grin.gif

Definately got the same head as D
grin.gif

There is no way D has ever raced in his life, every other horse on our yard will be running about like complete loonies then there'll be D, stood in the middle of the field eating
crazy.gif
Never one to use any more energy than necessary
smirk.gif

It's so frustrating not knowing what has happened in the past though
mad.gif

Would love to see recent pics of your boy
grin.gif

patchandloopy

Visit site

Parkranger

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
He's lovely
grin.gif

Definately got the same head as D
grin.gif

There is no way D has ever raced in his life, every other horse on our yard will be running about like complete loonies then there'll be D, stood in the middle of the field eating
crazy.gif
Never one to use any more energy than necessary
smirk.gif

It's so frustrating not knowing what has happened in the past though
mad.gif

Would love to see recent pics of your boy
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to take some at the weekend - long reined him last night and as I haven't seen him 'move' for about 2 months (I'm always on him) I nearly had a tear in my eye - makes all the hard work worth it - was told that if I don't start doing dressage on him next season it's a crime! hee hee x

racingdemon

www.facebook.com
i've got 2 at the moment & they couldn't be more different, ankles is irish bred, but his sire is american, yet he is built like a tank
Ian is also irsh bred, but with GB Sire & Dam, yet he is tall and whippet like!

i think it has far more to do with whether they are bred for the flat or to go over fences, as those traditionally bred for jump racing are much bigger boned and taller & rangier, whether they have irish, GB or even USA or french breeding, we have 1 horse, a classic jumper looking horse (long tall & rangy) & his breeding is 50% french going back at least 4 generations, yet he looks nothing like every other french bred TB i've met!

but then i look nothing like my cousins!

rcm_73

Visit site
Northern Dancer was Canadian hence (CAN) after his name. I have had a TB with mixed GB, USA, CAN breeding her pedigree looked super for racing stock, Nothern Dancer, Nijinsky, Niniski, further back Native Dancer, Crepello, Fairway etc etc but give me my Irish TB anyday! Both her sire and dam are (IRE), quite a lot of French influence in her ped, some GB and only one (USA) which happens to be her sire's dam Innocent Air. She's a great robust mare, never sick or sorry and very genuine. Jumps for fun too.
I luv the Irish TBs
wink.gif
& if any1 finds any info on a club, society or anything else I'd be interested too
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif