Is a 6 month trial too long?

Fiona clark

Visit site
Thanks everyone, My problem was that I got loads of weird calls from kids and people from abroad wanting to come and try her. Honestly I let some come and didn't let them ride as it was obvious they did not know one end of a horse from the other :eek: scary! I ended up giving her on 6 month loan, with contracts so that she is not obliged to buy and I am not obliged to sell, might get her back in May but she is looking good for now.;)
Us horsey people don't trust others eh?

Fiona clark

Visit site
Funnily enough, I'm getting her back due to their loss of grazing...:eek:....Ah well, I do love her and will just keep her. I hate selling a horse. I will find the time to do her justice (I hope).
Thanks again for all your replies x

sidsmum

Visit site
No!
I wouldn't let one of mine go away from my yard for any length of time! I would say that she can come and try her as many times as she likes but that you will sell her as soon as a suitable buyer comes along.

Good-luck! :)

shadowboy

Visit site
I had a 6 month trial with Wichita as she was unrideable when I first took her on, so realistically she would have been too much of a risk financially- 3 days before the end of our trial she thre me off and smashed my foot- untill that point i was going to keep her! We had a contract drawn up and owner visited once a month