Is anyone else having any luck selling?

FestiveBoomBoom

Visit site
Ok, so I'm starting to get really down about this. I've had my pony on the market for the past month and have been steadily dropping his price. He is an absolute gem and I think very reasonably priced (under 3k) and absolutely no takers. I've had a couple of emails from people that have amounted to nothing. I have a genuine reason for selling and he is an absolute gentleman - Is anyone out there buying atm!? I don't want to sell him for silly money but I do need to sell (would consider loan to 10* home). I hope I don't get in trouble for this post but just genuinely wondering, is the market really that bad atm?

Countrychic

Visit site
Yes I'm selling 2, have had a lot of interest for my conni but not one phone call for my shp, really surprised as he is a lovely pony and not even had any time wasters for him!

pinklilly

Visit site
I don't think so, have to sell or loan one of my 2 tbs, virtually no interest at all, advertised for 800 open to offers or loan. Had a couple of enquiries for loan but people seem to want the perfect horse with all its tack and rugs or a novice ride.

Looking on our local ad-trader a lot of the horses for sale have been advertised for a long time, 6 months or so and there's some decent sounding horses for not a lot of money.

Piaffey

Visit site
I was looking a few months ago. And the sme horses kept popping up, again and again, with a slightly lower price each time. Certainly not the best time to be selling.
Unless, like someone else said, you have a bombproof type.

Sparkles

Visit site
Cobs yes....others not so much! Not even for 350 frigging quid to get her gone lol!!! I despair. I may just get her backed and started myself...for any hope of selling her lol!

Charla

Visit site
I advertised my 2 year old pony for weeks and had nothing but a couple of time wasters. Then suddenly had someone come and see her, put a deposit down and then that same day 2 more phone calls asking to come and view her. All came at once. But I must admit, I did have to keep dropping the price too.

Hutchlou

Visit site
It seems to be a buyers market if you've got something to sell but then there's nothing out there at a reasonable price to buy either!! Unlucky for me as I want to do both!! :(

FestiveBoomBoom

Visit site
I think i'd sooner loan him than sell him for pennies. Well, not pennies but you know! I didn't realise just how bad the market is but everyone seems to be having problems AND going into summer too, god if we can't sell now there's no hope going into winter!

black_n_white

Visit site
Going against the grain... My Y/O has just sold a lovely 5 year old gelding for the asking price to first person to see him within a week of advertising!! So some things are selling.

indie999

Visit site
I have only just started looking and am having trouble finding anything to look at.

yes the bombproof cob100% traffic..is what I want. But where are they please tell me! I have looked and not found!

But good luck