IS ANYONE GOING TO APPLEBY HORSE FAIR!

Morgan123

Visit site
bumping this for you!! Poor you that's awful I really hope you find him. I know a boy who's probably going, I'll give him a leaflet. Good luck.

Tinseltoes

Visit site
Thanks soo very much everyone.Im too far to go myself or I would.He is microchipped and very distinctive. I have been told Appleby is full of gypsy cobs. Im sure whoever has him knows Im looking for him as hes all over the internet.
I hope he is found.Ive never cried so much.

lachlanandmarcus

Visit site
I hope he is found. It is less common for geldings to be stolen but perhaps he was taken to be sold on, which might increase the chances of him being found esp as he is microchipped. Make sure the RSPCA/police forces dealing with Appleby have a copy of the poster.

Morgan123

Visit site
do you have a facebook group or anything we can link to for you so we can share the link?? if not i'#ll jsut put it up on my local riding club website and everything too just in case.

Yes loads of coloured cobs at appleby so he might turn up! Really hope he does, i feel awful for you, wish there was something more we could all do to help.

pootleperkin

Visit site
I have a friend who usually works one of the car parks at the fair, so I'll point her in the direction of your flyer. She is keen on black and white cobs herself, so will be happy to help I'm sure.

Tinseltoes

Visit site
do you have a facebook group or anything we can link to for you so we can share the link?? if not i'#ll jsut put it up on my local riding club website and everything too just in case.

Yes loads of coloured cobs at appleby so he might turn up! Really hope he does, i feel awful for you, wish there was something more we could all do to help.

I have a friend who usually works one of the car parks at the fair, so I'll point her in the direction of your flyer. She is keen on black and white cobs herself, so will be happy to help I'm sure.

Sorry to hear your horse is missing. You may already be aware of the site but www.dragondriving.co.uk always has lots of coloured cobs for sale. You could always post details of the horse on the site to see if anyone knows/has seen him.

Here is my facebook link.http://facebook.com/poohbear1959 Also here is the poster link too,feel free to print pics out if you wish too. http://www.netposse.com/view_report.asp?reportid=1622
Hes very distinctive.Unusual to have one eye with white eyelashes and other with black plus his other markings too.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Last edited:

npage123

Visit site
I'm so sorry about this - I'm welling up now! Can't believe that things like this still happens in this day and age.
Don't give up hope - his colouring/patterns are so distinctive and you've got good photos of him so spread the word, send his photos everywhere you can!
I'm not going to Appleby either but will remember him and check out all the coloured I see from now on!

Tinseltoes

Visit site
I'm so sorry about this - I'm welling up now! Can't believe that things like this still happens in this day and age.
Don't give up hope - his colouring/patterns are so distinctive and you've got good photos of him so spread the word, send his photos everywhere you can!
I'm not going to Appleby either but will remember him and check out all the coloured I see from now on!

Thanks. If he was to show up anywhere it would be appleby because all coloureds look alike unless you know what your looking for. I hope they will be scanning horses for chips and checking passports. So if they do that and he should be there.
Im guessing he isnt up the mountain BECAUSE the section A (been together all there lives and only two in field) she didnt follow him and theyre like 2 peas in a pod.My friend has searched high and low and nothing. Locals searched too and nothing.Ads in papers online,preloved etc etc.

dominobrown

Visit site
I am not going to Appleby, but cvould you re-post the facebook link as it not working and I will post it on my facebook as i know quite a few people who are going and I work for a horse dealers and am friends with a coloured horse dealer on facebook so I will circulate the info around them. Hope you find him soon. x

Tinseltoes

Visit site
I am not going to Appleby, but cvould you re-post the facebook link as it not working and I will post it on my facebook as i know quite a few people who are going and I work for a horse dealers and am friends with a coloured horse dealer on facebook so I will circulate the info around them. Hope you find him soon. x

Heres my facebook link
http://facebook.com/poohbear1959

Copied from FB.