Is anyone going to Eland Lodge this weekend?

Starbucks

Visit site
Just been up to have a play over some SJs and had a spy at the XC.. quite excited now!

I’m doing the BE90 on Saturday. 1st 90 but feeling quite good about it. Just hope me / horse don’t boil to death and the ground isn’t too bad although I did see on FB they’ve airated it.

How else is going?

Asha

Visit site
We are going. Although I have been thinking about withdrawing, as im a bit worried about the ground. I spoke to Eland earlier, and they said they would airate it again on Friday.

Did the ground feel ok ?

We are doing the 90 too. ( that's the royal we, as its my horse but with someone else riding. Im way too much of a pansy )

Starbucks

Visit site
I didn’t really go on the course properly but the ground does get very firm there. Even when it was wet earlier in the season in places it was very firm!!

I think it will be ok. They do a good job of preparing the course normally.

spacefaer

Visit site
They have said on their fb page that the take off and landings are on soft ground, and that they will aerate the course.

They're trying hard!

Asha

Visit site
Ive never been to Eland, but was told the SJ is on a surface, so that helps. So we will have a go. Fingers crossed for a good day !

Starbucks

Visit site
We go a lot because it’s local but it really is the most lovely friendly place they will be trying their best to put on a good / safe event. x

MissGee

Visit site
Have you seen there FB post this morning?

They've put massive water containers at the end of the xc course, together with buckets and sponges so riders/grooms can start cooling their horses immediately!

Eland's owners really are the most conscientious venue owners I've ever known - just brilliant!!

meggymoo

Visit site
We regularly fence judge at Eland. They are the friendliest bunch ever and do their utmost to look after everyone. Horses' welfare is of paramount importance. They had worked so hard to get the April event running (ah remember all that rain?) and they were gutted when they had to admit defeat and abandon.